Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA300 midi cable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Songwriter2015

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: PA300 midi cable Reply with quote

Hi all
Firstly, I HAVE tried searching the site but I'm getting 24,000 plus "replies" and even then no luck!!

PLEASE, PLEASE, can someone tell me where, in the UK, or on the 'net, I can find a midi cable (Din to USB, obviously) that will work with my PA300?!?

I have already wasted close on £100 buying "adapters", or whatever you want to call them, NONE of which worked!!

SURELY, if KORG chose this method of transmitting and receiving midi info they MUST have ensured that we could purchase them SOMEWHERE?!!?

I will be eternally grateful for ANY help, because, at the moment, I am SO frustrated!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the cable you need:-

Type A to Type B

Plug the type B end into your keyboard (the square plug) and the type A into your PC
You will need to install Korg's drivers on your PC - scroll to the bottom of this web page and download the MIDI driver you need (WINDOWS/Mac etc)
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/359/

I would be shocked that you couldn't find one of these in any computer or music store

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa300 and most likely any Korg has no option for usb port directly (no PC) to Midi.
Is possible only if PC has installed driver.
All Midi to usb cables or converter is design to use with PC.
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is sending data from/to your Korg and thanks to driver is translate to midi, is no other option available.
FYI,.... only way to bypass PC is , to have special module and advanced skills in electronics. Wink
check this link for more info:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Add-MIDI-port-to-Keyboard/
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Songwriter2015

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks PETE! Very Happy

I really appreciate your help, mate, and for taking the time to post it.

My problem is ( which, after reading your advice, I get the feeling I'm not going to solve, sadly! ), is that my aim was to try to connect the PA300 to my TRIDENT EXTREME, as when you create any "array" of connected midi keyboards!

The PA300 is the first " Arranger " keyboard I've ever purchased and, to be totally honest, I failed to even check ( REALLY out of character, as anyone who knows me would confirm!! ) as to how it dealt - or DIDNT deal - with midi!

It's becoming obvious that including the PA300 may not be possible - I'm afraid I've got no intention of performing " electronic surgery " on it! Very Happy

Still a great little " sketch-pad " keyboard though!! Very Happy

Thanks again Pete.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't mind using computer in your setup I highly recommend to check MOTU Midi Express XT
http://motu.com/products/midi/xpressxt_usb
I own it and I can honestly say, is it one of my best investment ever, is a perfect tool if you dealing with MIDI, has so many possibility including creating virtual MIDI ports from devices connect via USB.
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
tacman7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 600 so it has the legacy midi ports as well as the usb to midi option.

With the right audio interface hooking all the keyboards to the computer and controlling them from the computer offers virtually unlimited choices in your workflow.

The purpose of my setup is to write/create songs. The arranger provides bass parts for my creations. It's a way to quickly get professional sounding results.

I am sometimes able to create the illusion that I know what I'm doing, as far as my songwriting abilities are concerned through my technical prowess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: