Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg is on FIRE!!! Oh wait...it's really on fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZachSeabolt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Korg is on FIRE!!! Oh wait...it's really on fire Reply with quote

Alright so the legend goes...my friend plugged 120v into his mocroKORG. There was fire.
My question is. What are the chances that everything inside is fried. It doesn't power on. Maybe replacing the power connection will fix things. Rolling Eyes
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

120V into the DC 9V in? Strange situation, not easily achieved... But if so, then chances are that it pretty much totalled the thing. Or am I misunderstanding where the 120V was connected?
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's put it this way: ozone-smelling smoke means something died, FIRE coming from the case means there's FIRE COMING FROM THE CASE! I'd say it's better to ask what can be salvaged for parts from the destroyed device.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent seen the schematics, but likely the Power Regulators along with diodes and caps on power line are fried. Impossible to detect and fix if they are SMD
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: