Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone syncing from Volca Beats/Sample to Roland Boutiques?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Anyone syncing from Volca Beats/Sample to Roland Boutiques? Reply with quote

I'm thinking sync is sync, right? should be possible to lock the volca to one of the roland synths like SH-01a?
hyperobjeckt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone syncing from Volca Beats/Sample to Roland Boutiqu Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
I'm thinking sync is sync, right? should be possible to lock the volca to one of the roland synths like SH-01a?

You can use the trigger out from the TR-09's rimshot as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Rd1S2dwUM

You could also use the midi clock from the boutiques' midi out.

As far as "sync is sync", I know most synths that sync over mini jack use a clock signal on 1/16 note pulses but the volcas sync on 1/8 notes. Maybe someone who has some boutique synths can weigh in on how well that works.
moontom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that -- had no idea that they transmitted on different subdivisions. can anyone help us understand further -- is it possible to get the boutiques talking w/ the volcas in a musically satisfying way?
thanks
djenzyme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can change the sync settings in global parameters, either once per step (16th), or once every 2 steps (8th) which is the default. Check the manual for your Volca.

FWIW I tried using the once per step setting with some analogue hardware and it was a bit erratic but it was rock solid when using once every 2 steps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: