Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Venting about Korg-73 semi-weighted.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Venting about Korg-73 semi-weighted. Reply with quote

Come on, Korg. Roland just released a 76 key semi-weighted, Kurzweil has 76 semi-weighted, Yamaha has 76 semi-weighted, all flagship boards, but no Kronos 76/73 semi-weighted. For the weekend warrior the 88 is simply too long, especially with the pitchbend joystick on the side. I know, I know all about the LS, but I can't fit it in my car. It's too friggin long. PLEASE make a 76/73 semi-weighted Kronos board. The weighted 73/88 is waaaay too heavy for old guys like me. Thanks for letting me vent. Rolling Eyes
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Kronos plan was to get a 61 key version and then buy an 88 key controller. I waited so long between the original plan in 2012 and my Kronos 2 purchase, that i forgot the reason i wanted a 61 kronos plus an 88 controller. Now i have an 88 key Kronos2 and it is in storage because it won't fly with me while 4 months out of the country.

But then again, i am split in my mind now that i have the RH3 keybed experience kronos 88 gives. I Didn't like the 88 key action of Roland FA-08 and i know anything like Kronos 88 key action will be hard to match on a controller that can fly as airline baggage.

I am not regreting getting the 88 K-2 but also still wishing i had a 61 plus an 88 controller.
Maybe i will get the next generation in 61 plus get an 88 key controller.
Just need to be patient, probably over a few more years.
Or use Karma randomizer to compute a number sequence that wins the lottery? Then buy whatever i want wherever i go.

I hope you find a better rig configuration.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Venting about Korg-73 semi-weighted. Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
Come on, Korg. Roland just released a 76 key semi-weighted, Kurzweil has 76 semi-weighted, Yamaha has 76 semi-weighted, all flagship boards, but no Kronos 76/73 semi-weighted. For the weekend warrior the 88 is simply too long, especially with the pitchbend joystick on the side. I know, I know all about the LS, but I can't fit it in my car. It's too friggin long. PLEASE make a 76/73 semi-weighted Kronos board. The weighted 73/88 is waaaay too heavy for old guys like me. Thanks for letting me vent. Rolling Eyes

this will sound like an anti vent, Wink
I am old, too.

Keyboard players have always had to haul heavy gear ( not including laptop/49 key folks). Been this way for several decades.

If its too much, bottom line, get a 61. I see it as perfectly normal to own 2 Kronos', too. I wouldn't wait around for Korg to make your hardware configuration for you, at this point in time with the Kronos product line.

I think new products are getting more interested, as in things are shifting around. It might be worthwhile to wait until January to see what happens, then evaluate all the options.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Venting about Korg-73 semi-weighted. Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:

+1 on everything you just said.

Korg should follow NORD's lead on keyboard type and weight.
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Venting about Korg-73 semi-weighted. Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
drama1 wrote:

+1 on everything you just said.

Korg should follow NORD's lead on keyboard type and weight.

Yeah, and they could leave off the wood end panels cutting off a few pounds. Just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: