Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bass Inversion feature on Havian 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mariodim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Bass Inversion feature on Havian 30 Reply with quote

Hi all!
I'm not able to set up the bass inversion on my Havian 30.
For bass inversion i mean the possibility to play (for example) the C/B chord (C major with B at bass) in the arranger section.
Actually, when i play the chord B-C-E-G, the Havian recognizes a Cmaj7 and not a C/B chord.

In the section Global --> General Controls --> Lock --> Tuning page, there's just a lock symbol near to Bass Inversion writing but the status open or closed of suck a lock, doesn't seem to influence the chord progressions (so B-C-E-G is still recognized as Cmaj7).

Could anyone help me pls?

Thx in advance!
Mario
oggkmg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this is a software Bug. There is no way to turn on and off Bass Inversion through Panel switches or Touchscreen, only through the pedal (assigning Pedal to Bass Inversion) or MIDI Message. Also, this setting is not Global, and it is not saved anywhere and defaults to off. Result, the only way to turn it on is assigning pedal to Bass Inversion and in this case you will lose the damper pedal facility.
oggkmg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered also an undocumented chord recognition feature: At Fingered 3 and advanced with split chord recognition modes, the keyboard recognizes 2 harmonic notes a 6th apart as a first inversion of a Major or Minor chord and plays according to it.
Example if you play, on chord recognition area, an E (lower note) and a C (upper note), they will be interpreted as a C/E. If you play an Eb and a C, a Cm/Eb will sound,
In these cases the Bass Inversion is limited to pure Major or minor Chords but is a workaround to the missing way of turn on bass Inversion without pedal reassigning.
alina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try selecting the Split tab at the bottom of the screen, and activating Bass Inversion.

Yes, unfortunately, there is no dedicated Bass Inversion button like on other Korg arrangers, but hope this helps anyway.
oggkmg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alina wrote:
You could also try selecting the Split tab at the bottom of the screen, and activating Bass Inversion.

Yes, unfortunately, there is no dedicated Bass Inversion button like on other Korg arrangers, but hope this helps anyway.

Thank you very much. I didn`t seen the Bass Inversion touchscreen swirchon the split tab because it is an undocumented feature and it is not in the User Manual.
alina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oggkmg wrote:
Thank you very much. I didn`t seen the Bass Inversion touchscreen swirchon the split tab because it is an undocumented feature and it is not in the User Manual.

You're welcome.

No, I didn't find it in the manual, either. But it is in Pa300 and Pa600 manuals, which, those don't have a Bass Inversion button either.

So, because I did not find it in the Havian manual, and because I wanted to know whether it really had this feature or not, I watched the video manual on YouTube, the part which is about styles, and indeed, it was there. Maybe they forgot to put that in the manual.

And here is the link to the video I'm referring to: KORG HAVIAN 30 : Manual movie 03 Style
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Slash Chords / Bass Inversion Reply with quote

alina wrote:
.. Bass Inversion ..

If you want to play slashed chords use Chord Recognition "Advanced" (as described in Page 179).
Bass Inversion is a footswitch function, also can be sent remotely by a Program Change messages on the Control channel (PC 99) and also is possible to be locked globally (Global, General controls: Bass Inversion - when locked, selecting a Performance or STS will not change the Bass Inversion status).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: