Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Arp Odyssey mods and hacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a dedicated Arp Odyssey forum section here?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

jayrope

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Korg Arp Odyssey mods and hacks Reply with quote

Hey all, this is my first post here.

I own a MonoPoly since very long and now have gotten a Korg Arp Odyssey with the Rev I design.

Are there any members here, who have attempted to mod this great synth and might be able to point me to relevant web posts?

Thank you so much.
www.kliklak.net
Perilous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have seen this already... Moot has done a mod here:
https://youtu.be/WscT1Ku31L0

I favor the Module version since the Korg Arp Odyssey does not have Midi Out on the Mini or Full Size.
jayrope

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Perilous, that's quite helpful.
I have that same model as Moot, undertandbale not to put any hardware hacks into the Karp itself.
www.kliklak.net
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought the Oddy Module Smile

I had the mini key Odyssey for about 3 days before sending it back as the LFO/ADSR triggering was a mess - I'm glad to say that it's been fixed with the module version, although the PW depth on both VCOs are still not calibrated correctly out of the box (neither of them are 50% with the sliders all the way down - I've just got to tweak the PW trimmers inside)

Although the module responds to external pitch bend, it still doesn't accept MIDI modulation, but this can be fixed with a bit of PIC programming, including external aftertouch and velocity Wink

I'll be spending the next few days comparing the main board with the original schematics in order to fit patch points. It'll take a bit of reverse engineering, but it shouldn't be too difficult as they both use the same circuits.

I'l post details/pics once I've figured out where everything is.
mihu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Broadwave,

Perhaps you would share more informations about the calibration process, especially regarding the trimmers available from outside?

TIA,
Michał
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mihu wrote:
Hello Broadwave,

Perhaps you would share more informations about the calibration process, especially regarding the trimmers available from outside?

TIA,
Michał

I took hi-rez pics when I opened up the Oddy to figure out the trimmers... Now I can't find them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I'll get back to you when I've sorted it out.

The patch points are very easy to do - most of the signals come directly from the top and bottom pins of the front panel routing switches. Inputs are slightly more difficult, as you have to break the track between the middle switch pins and the slider pot, and insert a switched jack socket.

I've altered the PPC action so you don't break your fingers - I just took it apart, removed the metal button from the rubber, inserted a very thin washer and put the button back in with some double sided tape - Works like a charm.
Nisei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free running LFO mod on the Karp Odyssey:
https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/aouxzx/korg_arp_odyssey_freerunning_lfo_mod/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: