Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I fry my MicroKorg S ?? Quick help needed....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgNewUser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Did I fry my MicroKorg S ?? Quick help needed.... Reply with quote

Hello everyone -I just bought a MicroKorg S on ebay - virtually mint condition and I've been playing it for a few days. I like it!

I use mostly the official Korg AC Adaptor provided, but I also bought some batteries to go mobile with it.

I bought DURACELL (PLUS POWER AA) batteries from Tesco.

I have a few times gone from battery power to AC without switching the unit off, just by plugging in the AC adaptor / and vica versa. It honestly never occured to me that this might damage something.

When I turned the unit on just now one note/frequency was not sounding properly. Just on a certain frequency, it was cutting out. (NOT the physical keyboard itself as it makes no differance which octave the note is played on)

I made a video - PLEASE someone tell me what they think!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dQXHT7SZeI&feature=youtu.be
Could I have caused the problem by 'hot-swapping' between AC and batteries??

v=8dQXHT7SZeI&feature=youtu.be[/url]
PurpleSpaceMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you only tested it through the internal speakers? does it still apply through the outputs (headphones/balanced)
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Does it show the behavior on a specfic patch or on whatever patch?
KorgNewUser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the replies (I only just saw them when I logged on) - I actually returned the MicroKorg S to the seller. Also I had a very prompt reply fro Korg technical support also asking if the issue was just through the speakers.

I cannot remember if I also tested it through the main outputs, but either way the conclusion was the same : hardware issue, return to seller.

However, I do really like the whole idea of a microkorg and have just today ordered a brand new (original) one from a music shop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: