Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos LS (Keybed/Aftertouch Theory/Study) Look --->

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Music-Mann_Chi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos LS (Keybed/Aftertouch Theory/Study) Look ---> Reply with quote

I just realized something! Everyone is talking about how the LS doesn't have any aftertouch & it hit me last night as I watched this latest LS youtube video

---> https://youtu.be/Kyv39HQFlpY

The musician @the 5:37 mark he mentioned "with the waterfall action".....the waterfall action keys are used on the Korg MicroKorg XL/MicroKEY2/Micro ARRANGER etc....so that's prob. why it doesn't feature aftertouch! Classic Korg workstation keyboards usually used "Fatar semi-weighted synth action keys" on 61/76 models(that feel GREAT!!)..until they started to use the Hammer RH3's on the 73 Kronos & 88 of course. With the LS they are using the waterfall keybed that Korg dubs "Natural Touch Keys" & instead of them being mini keys like the micros mentioned above...they made them full-sized for the LS. That is my theory!

I have yet to hit up Sam Ash or Guitar Center to test them out....but as long as they feel better than the M-Audio Keystation 88es Classic...then I'm all in!
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They simply selected a cheaper action that doesn't transmit AT so that it would be less expensive. That's all.

..Joe
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LS is still too expensive IMHO, especially with no AT. Plus it's far too long making it very unwieldy. Now, make a 76/73 key version, sign me up.
Music-Mann_Chi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear u guys, but I kind of prefer the LS(after all it's just an option). The original Kronos 61 was cool, but it felt too weighted for me(like hammer action synth keys or something)...coming from Triton Based Semi-weighted Fatar synth keys..it just didn't feel right 2 me on a 61 key keyboard. We shall see how the LS pans out w/Korg! Also, it's only $200 cheaper than the Kronos 2 88. I hear some ppl say AT is located in the "global" settings, but I can't confirm that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: