Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Guides

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Kronos Guides Reply with quote

Hello,

I just have a thought toward all the people who worked on the different Kronos Guides.
Usually, we are all considering our Kronos as a wonderful keyboard. But do we realize the great accuracy and relevance of all these guides ? And specifically the Parameter's Guide ?
All my musical life along, I've read so many Guides, most of them professionnal units, but none has reached the Kronos Guides accuracy. Most of the time, if we don't find a "how to do" it's because we didn't look deep enough into the Parameter's Guide.

Of course, all tutorials and this forum remain essential on a practical point of view, and allow us to help each other.

But today, I wanted to address my thanks to Korg and in particular to these people who wrote our Kronos Guides.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 You are right, the manuals are a great resource for us users. Korg support for Kronos is exemplary!
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3
Akdmeh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Button "HELP" also very useful!
When you've forgotten meaning of some parameter - you can always use this info. So convenient!
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

For someone who researches and reads manuals BEFORE buying a piece of gear, I've found the Kronos manuals are very thorough indeed. The Kronos is so deep, there are major areas I've yet to explore fully -- sampling, KARMA, FM, STR-1, and sequencing.

I'm glad the manuals (and this forum) will be there when I'm ready.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parameter guide is essential if you want to get the most out of Kronos.
But these user forums for both Kronos and Karma are also essential.
There are some cases where details of problems were not so clear in the parameter guide. Everything works fine if you follow parameter guide steps, but if you just go doing things trial and error style and get into issues, there are some issues that do not get explained in Parameter guide.
Polysix has an arpeggiator and it can be synced to midi clock/tempo but the arpeggiated notes did not register as midi notes in midi track recording like Karma does. I had to look up details of the original stand alone Poly six to find that it was designed that way. Only notes played by key are recorded in the vintage polysix. Kronos did well to stay authentic with the synth engine.
I looked in the Parameter guide and no sign of that little detail. But then again, parameter guide never said it should record the way i wanted and kronos refused to record it as i wanted, so parameter guide was not wrong for omitting details that were based on my expectations, assumptions and speculation.

Also Parameter guide does not tell you everything about how kronos can behave when interfaced with other devices especially advance DAW based virtual devices. So you can end up with Kronos automatically reconfigured somewhere via an external device and the solution is a toss up between the external device and Kronos. Parameter guide lets you know that yes kronos can be affected from external, but not every last detail of how.

Other details too are left out but probably mostly based on user expectations that are so easy to form when expecting uniformity from one synth engine to another and one mode to the other.

Also everytime an OS update happens, there could be changes to the system such as added features or parameters, that are not in the parameter guide unless updated parameter guides have been issued.
And those new features or parameters can come with side effect issues of their own.

The good old days of genuine glitches every where seem to be over. Maybe still some cases of genuine system malfunction here and there but not like the good old days of Every Kronos being involved some uniform system problem.

Combined exposure to the parameter guide and the forums are the best for advanced use of kronos. Karma Labs forum as well, because Karma is a whole world of posibilities beyond just within kronos.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also printed the guides . They are invaluable.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
ldascanio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

They are really great... precise, complete, didactic... A big thanks to Dan Phillips and team for that impressive work!

Rgds
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: