Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Set list Reply with quote

Is anyone using the "set list" feature to populate lyrics/chord sequences for covers etc?

I'm trying, but i'm finding it a little hit and miss to be honest, maybe someone can advise a good way to do it.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a master setlist of all the songs I play arranged alphabetically. Whenever I play gigs I just copy the slots from the master list and paste it to a new setlist for the night. You could connect a USB qwerty keyboard to type in lyrics and chords in the notes section of each slot and adjust the font size and brightness to your preference.

The easiest way of doing it nowadays is using the Kronos Remote app for iPad where you can simply copy paste chord charts and lyrics from online sources or existing text documents to the setlist in the app and syncing that with the Kronos. The Kronos Remote if used with the Kronos can store PDF's too so, selecting setlist slots on the Kronos displays your PDF charts and lyrics on your iPad.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="narf"] "Ive got a master setlist of all the songs I play arranged alphabetically. Whenever I play gigs I just copy the slots from the master list and paste it to a new setlist for the night."

I'm doing about the same as narf, but getting by without the ipad. I have considered using the ipad app (I'm sure it's awesome), but simple is good. For a long time I didn't use the set list feature, now I use it all the time. Do yourself a favor and 'dig' into it. You'll love it!
drdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds cool..... will definitely have a play around that.
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up with one more comment, DON'T FORGET TO SAVE SETLIST from the top right drop down menu before powering down.
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

narf & Falcon,

I use the same method. One drawback is when I copy a slot from the master and paste it to my temp list I have to keep saving the temp list before going back to the master to get another. Is there a better way?

4God
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just press ENTER+0 to save from any screen.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoelectro wrote:
Just press ENTER+0 to save from any screen.

Geo

I just wish I could remember that function!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jbeliz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the remote app on the Ipad i can easily move slots, copy and paste lyrics into it and it syncs up really easy and fast. The remote is a really handy tool.
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the 'enter 0' technique today. Works, but still have to move slots one at a time. Is there a way to move several slots at once? (Like checking a group of photos to send them to an album, or email, etc.)

Will the iPad remote app do that?
jbeliz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the remote app will allow you to move or re-arrange one at a time but is way faster than doing it on the Kronos i also copy and pasted lyrics to the set list a lot faster than typing it in manually or using a keyboard so it is a time saver to use this app. I am sure there is a lot more functions that this app does that makes things easier that i have not explored just yet.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regularly auto-sort the set list alphabetically (mostly on song name, not on group).

For the chords, I add it mostly as text (just type it on the PC).

When I have a new gig, I copy it to the next free set lits slot.
Than I use the ctrl-4 and ctrl-8 key on the numpad to easily put them in right order. I use some dedicated slot names to denote SET 1, SET 2, SET 3 and END.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GrahamBanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the whole master set list to a new set list location as a duplicate. Then rearrange the slots.

4GodnWV wrote:
narf & Falcon,

I use the same method. One drawback is when I copy a slot from the master and paste it to my temp list I have to keep saving the temp list before going back to the master to get another. Is there a better way?

4God
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamBanks wrote:
"Copy the whole master set list to a new set list location as a duplicate. Then rearrange the slots."

Did not know you could do that. How?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to copy the entire master set list? Here you go....In Set List mode, tap the 'v' (top right), then from the drop down menu, tap 'write set list'. Select an empty slot..Done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: