Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Purchased a Korg PA700
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screenshot wrote:
got my pa700 coming mid November...never owned a korg before so i'm a newbie to the os...incidentally will the new pa700...or the pa1000's for that matter be on the new os version straight out of the box...or will i have to learn how to update the operating system from a youtube vid ...???

I am not sure about the OS. Mine is 1.X.X. I am sure that unless they've updated the OS in the last month or so, it might be at the most current. I am not sure about updating the OS anyway, depending on what they've updated.

I've not experienced a problem at all with mine and I've a couple dozen gigs with it so far. It seems to be pretty stable.

I have activated the Master EQ. I boosted the highs a bit and turn the lows down a bit so it sounds a bit more alive. I've also activated the soft limiter so the acoustic bass tones I use the in the Big Band music I play at the nursing homes doesn't overpower the built-in speakers. I have also added more Reverb to the lead voices that I use (Sax, Flute, Clarinet, Guitar, Piano) and that helps to open up the board a bit. I know it sounds funny because normally, Reverb will wash things together, but the PA700 has the dual multi-EFX processors. The EFX B is for the lead voices (Upper 1, Upper 2, Upper 3) and so when you verb those, it does not globally add verb to the backing tracks too. It's pretty handy.

On a side note, I purchased the Harbinger M350 2.1 PA system and used it at one of my larger performance places and it worked very well. This will allow you to turn the volume of the Korg down a bit and let the PA do its thing. The sound was quite good, and I ended up doing most of the gig with the speakers of the Korg turned off so I could hear the PA itself.

I have a LOT of big PA equipment, but the M350 is for smaller to medium size places. It made the PA700 sound very good.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC

Last edited by Musicwithharry on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
screenshot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ..kidda really appreciate you're input
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screenshot wrote:
thanks ..kidda really appreciate you're input

I am glad to help Smile I just used my PA700 over the lunch hour at one of the facilities I play at. It is the first time that I used it at this particular facility and the residents and staff loved the sounds coming out of it.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: KING OF THE ROAD STYLE Reply with quote

HARRY
There is a sytle in korg styles store in country I believe that is just for king of the road. Its very good

MEL
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: KING OF THE ROAD STYLE Reply with quote

ORGANGRINDER wrote:
HARRY
There is a sytle in korg styles store in country I believe that is just for king of the road. Its very good

MEL

Thank you. I have checked it out and may download it Smile I think that I may peruse the older styles from previous arrangers from them as well.

Grace,
Harry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: