Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overwritten settings when adding a new library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dslottje

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Overwritten settings when adding a new library Reply with quote

Hello,

I've purchased a new library (EXS-16). It adds the brass sounds I wanted. But I've tried other demo libraries as well. They all seem to overwrite another. And that is making me wonder how it can be possible to purchase two libraries and let them work at the same time?

Is it possible to load a library in memory and have no problem with the allocated memory when another library is loaded?

I couldn't find it so quickly on the internet.

Has somebody got a got workflow in how to operate on this issue.

With kind regards,
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is very difficult to answer to your asking because each adding of a new bank of sounds has its own rules.
I have made it with a choir bank + a vocal bank + an ethno bank : I must admit it was (for me) not so simple I could imagine ! You must, each time, be very careful with what you are moving.
Maybe someone in this forum has a general formula...

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if I well understood your issue.
But normally one library consists on two parts

1°) PCG files
2°) Samples files (KSC)

For the first one, you can choose were you want to load it. For that, on Disk mode, just click "open" several times on PCG file until you see the destination bank intended by the provider. There, click on Load. You will see the dialog box where you can choose your destination bank. If you load them as it is, the second library will overwrite the first one.
Doing that, you will be able to choose another destination bank for the second library.
For example suppose you want to load two libraries and the both has been expected to be loaded on bank U-A. Doing that, you can load the first in U-FF and the second in U-GG.

That's one point.

Now, if your libraries include Samples Files, you just have to check "Append" on the KSC Allocation on the Load dialog box. Thus, the second sample file will not overwrite the first one.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason to have duplicate or triplicate PCG files. If you have issues sorting the banks destination at first loading, then go ahead and load even though it will overwrite. You will have the newly overwritten PCG and the original PCG with the two versions having all that you need to copy and paste for moving things around as you need. Copy and paste or load one bank or slot at a time from the PCG file until you have the banks filled in the way you want. Then make a PCG file of the final result.

Ideally, the very first time you go to load an installed sound set, you get all the dialogie boxes mentioned in previous comments, dialogue boxes to lead you towards loading banks and related KSC to where you need them.
"Append" is a friend when loading KSC. Not always needed but is there for when needed.
The hard way i mentioned(multiple PCG) has the advantage of allowing complete renovation of the entire banking arrangement and bypasses any glitches with the normal flexible loading of new sound sets. Also nothing like having backup files.

PCG tools should be even better at helping out if you habe a computer to hook up to. But PCG tools is no substitute for having PCG back up files.
Also, what happens when all your banks are filled and you have more sounds to load? Multiple PCG files ends up being the way to go. Each PCG file has its related KSC file attached to it.
dslottje

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Lots of useful suggestions and comments so far. I see that I have to learn a lot to master this Workstation.

So next weekend I will try some of methods and see what works for me.

So far, thanks! Very Happy
Other suggestions are of course welcome! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: