Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

double kick beat; 2nd beat is louder?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psychcowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: double kick beat; 2nd beat is louder? Reply with quote

howdy, I note that if I program or play a double kick, like if I have a kick on 1 and then also on 3/16 the second kick is way exaggerated. how do you eliminate this default so the second in adjacent beats is the same volume? thx.
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into step edit and look at the velocities. Also see if you have trigger pad velocity on/off.

One feature that I really wish for is a "constant 127" velocity per pad, or perhaps the ability to keep programmed velocities per step even after erasing a sequence. For example, let's say I program all my kicks at 127 with step edit...I wish the velocities would not reset to 96 when I clear the sequence or use "part erase".
Psychcowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: ok will try that Reply with quote

I tried tapping the kick during a performance, and I couldn't get the second beat to be at the same volume -- annoying.
IncredibleTendril

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I'd make sure the programmed kicks are set to 96 velocity, and then turn the trigger pad velocity to "off" for your kick pad. Then, go into global settings and set the velocity curve to "constant 96". That should remedy the problem. Let me know if that works Smile
Sulfur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you eventually set the groove depth at a value different from 0?
ok reza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your amp eg for the kick is on and there's an attack and a second kick is triggered before the first ends, it immediately cuts off the first kick and makes a new kick with no attack. could be happening. otherwise check what others mentioned, make sure to clear motion to, maybe you automated levels or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: