Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error: The clock battery voltage is low...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knightshift

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Error: The clock battery voltage is low... Reply with quote

Hi, yesterday at a gig after powering up my Kronos I got the following message:

The clock battery voltage is low.
Please replace the battery, and set the date and time in Disk mode.

I could finish the show without any further problems. Today the message also showed up directly after booting the Kronos up. Does anybody know what this exactly means? Could a low battery cause any further problems or even keep it from running properly? I this something I can fix myself by opening up the Kronos? I have another show next weekend and don't want to go without the Kronos...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Error: The clock battery voltage is low... Reply with quote

Knightshift wrote:

I could finish the show without any further problems. Today the message also showed up directly after booting the Kronos up. Does anybody know what this exactly means? Could a low battery cause any further problems or even keep it from running properly? I this something I can fix myself by opening up the Kronos? I have another show next weekend and don't want to go without the Kronos...

I have this message on the Triton Extreme for about a year until I took the time to replace the battery ... I think it's very fast on the Kronos if you already have to change it (and I don't know it is can be done easily).

I don't know about consequencer, on the Triton Extreme it didn't matter (except for dates written for PCG files), but I don't know if the OS of the Kronos uses the date for other purposes too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The battery should last years under normal use, as it simply powers the motherboard's CMOS and Real-Time Clock (RTC). It may simply be a bad battery, but it is easily replaced.

I suspect though Korg's official stance will be that it will need to be corrected by a service center, but it is easily accessed by removing the back cover. It is a standard CR2025 or CR2032 from memory (but could be wrong here, I only glanced at it when I was upgrading my RAM).
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Knightshift

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies!
@SpeedyLee: where is the battery positioned exactly? On the mainboard? I tried to find it on some of the pictures of the inside of the kronos here in this forum but couldnt make it out.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos operation Guide says:

Quote:
Your Korg Distributor can help you find a service center to replace the battery.

Don't know if that means you can replace it or not!

In the OASYS manual the instructions are included re changing battery. FOr the OASYS the battery is next to the RAM slots. Maybe it is the same with the Kronos?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knightshift wrote:
Thanks for your replies!
@SpeedyLee: where is the battery positioned exactly? On the mainboard? I tried to find it on some of the pictures of the inside of the kronos here in this forum but couldnt make it out.

I don't have the rear cover off my Kronos at the moment, but I seem to remember it is on the mainboard. I remember it being very easy to get to from the back of my K61.

It's interesting to point out too that the laws regarding "user servicable parts" differs from country to country: in Australia for example, removing the cover off something does not automatically invalidate your statuatory warranty. For example, some computer manufacturers used to try and charge customers to install a PCI card or hard drive, or they would threaten the consumer with losing their warranty.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
polop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FOr the OASYS the battery is next to the RAM slots. Maybe it is the same with the Kronos?

yes with the kronos too, the battery positioned vertical, I saw that with google search pictures:

Knightshift

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey polop,
thx for the pictures, didn't find them myself. Replacing the battery now seems to be a easy job.
polop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes that seems to be easy Wink
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maby it's not correctly in it's place. Would be strange if the battery has run out allready.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Error: The clock battery voltage is low... Reply with quote

Knightshift wrote:
Today the message also showed up directly after booting the Kronos up. Does anybody know what this exactly means? Could a low battery cause any further problems or even keep it from running properly?

I believe the battery is a calendar backup battery. When it fails, the date and time stamp on files you create might be wrong.

It may be inconvenient, but this battery replacement would definitely be under warranty, since that little battery should last for years.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
perrad@msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Error: The clock battery voltage is low... Reply with quote

Knightshift wrote:

Is that the blue battery sticking up in the picture? I have the same problem.
perrad@msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: clock battery Reply with quote

Is that the blue battery in the picture that I see? I have the same problem.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's a silver CR2032 seated vertically. I bought a Kronos a month ago, already had to change the battery. I live FAR from a Korg service center, I hope in the case that I need warranty service, they will take that into account. How long is the warranty, anyway?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the warranty differs from country to country, but in Australia it is 3 years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: