Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x Ambient Caves style demo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Korg Pa4x Ambient Caves style demo Reply with quote

This is my first attempt to create an ambient style with modified sounds on the korg Pa4x, this improvisation uses a custom keyboard set that uses 3 modified upper sounds, two pads and one piano. All sounds were recorded live directly from the korg Pa4x.

Let me know what you think of it Smile

D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done keep them coming Smile
Dnj

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job very interesting piece of music...more more!
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question about which factory sounds were used in this example. I'm guessing that more people are interested in this so i've copied the answer with some extra details here below.

The ambient caves style is a modified factory style which uses three factory sounds. What i did was modifying the effects used in the sounds and styles and also each factory sound was edited in the style itself in sound edit mode of the style.

This way it would fit the sound color i was looking for. That means that if you create your own keyboard set with those factory sounds that it would probably sound different, but you still will recognise the sounds, and you can modify them in the style by pressing the menu button and going to the sound edit page of the style for the upper sounds. You can change a lot of parameters of each sound to make it more fit for the sound you are after. If you really want to modify the complete sound (like different kind of samples) then you need to modify it in sound mode and save a user version of it. But if you just want to modify the color and behavior of the sound then sound edit in style mode is more then enough.

These are the details of the factory sounds i used to create this style:

Original Style:
Analog Ballad 2 (factory - ballad tab - P2 subtab)

Upper 1:
Easterns Depths (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)

Upper 2:
Jazz Piano (factory - piano tab - P1 subtab)

Upper 3:
Tension Scene (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)

Lower:
Movie Strings
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi QuiRobinez,

Once you have compiled a selection of registrations/keyboard sets/songbook entries with some of your creations that can be offered to forum members for sale, I am sure you will have no problem in selling them.
I will definitely be interested in purchasing some. Hopefully there will be some 'tweaked' pianos in your selection.

Chris
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hopefully there will be some 'tweaked' pianos in your selection.

there is a full page of pianos in there, i've already finished those. In my opinion they can rival the dream piano's from the korg kronos. They aren't tweaked pianos, they do use the internal rom samples, but they are programmed differently then the standard piano patches. I will create a demo for the piano sounds real soon, so that people can hear what kind of pianos i like on the pa4x.

At the moment i'm working on the guitar sounds. The acoustic and Jazz guitar lead are finished, i use those now in a smooth jazz version of the Sting Fragile song.

After the guitar sounds i will start with the EDM pages with modern EDM sounds. So still a lot of work, but it's real fun to add my own ideas to the current sound palette of the Pa4x.
congan2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x Ambient Caves style demo Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
This is my first attempt to create an ambient style with modified sounds on the korg Pa4x, this improvisation uses a custom keyboard set that uses 3 modified upper sounds, two pads and one piano. All sounds were recorded live directly from the korg Pa4x.

Let me know what you think of it Smile

The Piano sounds great, What pad are using in the Piano?
Are you going to sell these sounds ?

Thanks
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x Ambient Caves style demo Reply with quote

congan2 wrote:

The Piano sounds great, What pad are using in the Piano?
Are you going to sell these sounds ?

yes, as soon as the set is finished it will be available on my website.

The piano is a sound editted version of the jazz piano. The details of the used pads and sounds is a few posts up in this thread.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qui,

Again, a very good and skilled demonstration of both programming and playing! I was a bit cheeky to refer to this video in another discussion, a few days ago, here at the forums. That did not get the attention it deserves I guess, so I'm glad you made a seperate post for it.

You really know how to push the synth engine of the PA4X to its limits!
Keep up the good work, it sounds awesome!

EDIT
(It reminds me a bit of my TR Rack, with its beautiful complex and motion synths, see for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8reLLV_-wXU
Programmed almost 20 years ago, with almost no RAM.... astonishing...)

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: