Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAas question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitpic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: PAas question Reply with quote

Been auditioning a PAas today.

Sound is excellent when tweaked with the MAXX system.

Couple of possible hitches in the get along I didn’t consider.

(1). I use a mic attached to the keyboard. Looks like that won’t work when using the PAas, or at least, I will have to cobble something together to make that work.

(2). I had considered using the PAas as a monitor with my main speaker. The PAas appears to cut out the left and right outputs but that will take a bit more investigation.

Apparently the PAas cuts out the L/R outs and the line outs so that an external PA can’t be used?
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guitpic,

I'm pleased to confirm that your assumptions re. both of the scenarios that you mention are actually incorrect.

The Paas works even if you have a mic plugged in to the keyboard (and the mic can be heard through it too, of course), plus you can definitely use it at the same time as your main PA.

The biggest issue that I find with the Paas is that you have to choose between either using the mic input OR the line inputs. In other words only one will work at a time and only one can be heard through the Paas (a real pain if you want to hear a separate sound source/sound module and your vocals)😢.

FYI, the only other thing to watch out for is mic feedback via the Paas if you have the mic volume to high Plus be aware that if you have the mic settings too high (while having the harmony settings on/high) you may notice that certain sounds (especially piano sounds) can sound very strange (due to the fact that the mic picks up the keyboard sound and then adds a harmony to it - making it sound very weird).

Hope this helps.
Best,
Jon
guitpic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tx Jon for taking your time to reply.

On my 4X anyway, once the PAas is attached neither the L/R main outs or aux outs work. No signal goes to my PA.

TX anyway for the help.

The 4X manual says something about the PAas running in parallel with the L/R out...but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ve checked all the Global settings a couple of different times to see if there is some sort of routing map....no luck.
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
Nev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PAAS on my 4X and line outs to Stagepas 400i. All work together or individually. I have never had a problem. My mic also works through either system.

Korg Pa4X, PAAS, Tyros 4, Stagepas 400i, Shure headmic, Lenovo 13.5 tablet for PDF`s
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitpic wrote:
Tx Jon for taking your time to reply.

On my 4X anyway, once the PAas is attached neither the L/R main outs or aux outs work. No signal goes to my PA.

TX anyway for the help.

The 4X manual says something about the PAas running in parallel with the L/R out...but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I’ve checked all the Global settings a couple of different times to see if there is some sort of routing map....no luck.

odd,

i have the paas system and the main outs do also work flawlessly on my pa4x.
guitpic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks all. It now works. I must have connected something wrong.

Gotta say that PAas sounds just great.

Tx again all for taking your time to respond.
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: