Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg send LFO > pitch or mod via midi?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barmyfluid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Microkorg send LFO > pitch or mod via midi? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?

I'm trying to synch my microkorg with my eurorack to use the arpeggiator, and unfortunately my racks' midi interface (A-190-2) doesn't receive midi clock. I can sync it using the gate out, but that relies on a constant stream of notes coming from the microkorg.

A workaround I've used with a DAW is to draw and loop automation to send pitch or mod data to mimic a sync signal (5ms pulse), and use the voltage created from the pitch / mod outputs on the interface.

Can the microkorg bpm sync an lfo with a square-sh or sharp rise waveform and transmit that as pitch or mod wheel midi?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately not. The LFO can sync to the bpm, but modulation of the pitch is handled internally in the sound engine. So it does not generate a continuous stream of pitch bend MIDI messages to the engine or to the MIDI out interface...

Is it the original mK or is it a mKXL(+)? In the latter a possible workaround with some limitations is possible.

Bye.
barmyfluid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - original mK I'm afraid. I do have workarounds involving drum machines and external input > gate module but it's a bit fiddly and fragile. Oh well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: