Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Piano for Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlievv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Best Piano for Kronos Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am trying to locate the closest piano for my Kronos that would match the Ravenscroft 275. I think the onboard pianos for the kronos are good but my personal favorite virtual piano is the Ravenscroft 275 which I use daily. Any suggestions?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has different tastes. I prefer the Berlin with my own custom adjustments. Much more realistic than the others, especially as I mainly play classical répertoire. YMMV
pete.m

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that you try programming your own, using the Ravenscroft as a reference. I much prefer the piano sounds I have created to the presets.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Piano for Kronos Reply with quote

Charlievv wrote:
I am trying to locate the closest piano for my Kronos that would match the Ravenscroft 275. I think the onboard pianos for the kronos are good but my personal favorite virtual piano is the Ravenscroft 275 which I use daily. Any suggestions?

If you have an i-device, you can get close pretty cheaply by buying their app and driving it from your Kronos.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ravenscroft-275-piano/id966586407
Charlievv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Ravenscroft for ipad Reply with quote

Great. I did not know this was an available app. Thank you.
Johnny Foster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Best Piano for Kronos Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Charlievv wrote:

If you have an i-device, you can get close pretty cheaply by buying their app and driving it from your Kronos.

This is a silly response ; why would someone pay such a high price for a Kronos, and then get an iDevice for a piano sound ? Ridiculous solution.

There must be libraries out there from places like K-Sounds that have 3rd party libraries for the Kronos, if the stock ones don't do it for you... Although the iDevices have some good synths, suggesting one for a Kronos piano-replacement underminds the whole point of buying the Kronos !

Rolling Eyes
leonh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Piano for Kronos Reply with quote

Johnny Foster wrote:
Scott wrote:
Charlievv wrote:

This is a silly response ; why would someone pay such a high price for a Kronos, and then get an iDevice for a piano sound ? Ridiculous solution.

There must be libraries out there from places like K-Sounds that have 3rd party libraries for the Kronos, if the stock ones don't do it for you... Although the iDevices have some good synths, suggesting one for a Kronos piano-replacement underminds the whole point of buying the Kronos !

Rolling Eyes

Very Happy That is funny enough but when I had Montage on the forum we had an owner asking to buy samples of FM sounds for Montage Laughing
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because users pianos tastes differ , WavesArt has developed "Pianos Suite 2" with 3 very different famous pianos
of extraordinary sound development similar to VST that will certainly catch up your taste in one of them !
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs/Pianos%20Suite.html

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
tdwctdwc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend downloading the demo version of Kronos EXs 148 (Purgatory Creek Soundware C7 Grand Player) and giving it a shot. It includes 18 programs and one of the programs (C7 Player Jazz) is pretty darn close to the Ravencroft sound. And that's coming from someone who owns the Ravenscroft and uses it daily.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Everyone has different tastes. I prefer the Berlin with my own custom adjustments. Much more realistic than the others, especially as I mainly play classical répertoire. YMMV

are you kidding me? just play middle C a few times. it sounds like your striking a metal pull with a quarter. lol berlin piano is the worst one. its got sample flaws all over the ranges.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdwctdwc wrote:
I highly recommend downloading the demo version of Kronos EXs 148 (Purgatory Creek Soundware C7 Grand Player) and giving it a shot. It includes 18 programs and one of the programs (C7 Player Jazz) is pretty darn close to the Ravencroft sound. And that's coming from someone who owns the Ravenscroft and uses it daily.

im pretty sure its 147 ex , not 148. and the only piano thats really good is the one named Woody
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
KK wrote:

are you kidding me? just play middle C a few times. it sounds like your striking a metal pull with a quarter. lol berlin piano is the worst one. its got sample flaws all over the ranges.

As previously mentioned, YMMV. Everyone prefers different things. People comments on my YT channel of classical piano performances using the Korg Berlin and Italian grands are positive, so the pianos certainly don't sound so bad. Cool I've been playing acoustic and digital pianos for 40+ years. One has to adapt to instruments despite imperfections/imbalances between keys. Many 150 K$ concert grands are imperfect as well. If concert pianists would play only on perfect pianos, there would be very few recordings available.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Piano for Kronos Reply with quote

Johnny Foster wrote:
Scott wrote:
Charlievv wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You actually think the idea of a Kronos is never to expand the sound palette? So you would also criticize anyone who had a Kronos and other keyboards for the same reason? Using an i device to bring more sounds into the mix is hardly a ridiculous choice. If the piano sounds on the Kronos are not as good as newer choices, then the Kronos owner MUST avoid them? Wow.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone point to an article/blog/video discussing in detail the adjustments they would make to a stock Kronos pianos to personalize it to their taste?

I've been pretty happy with Kronos preset pianos for gigging with rock/variety bands. I usually choose the "Leave Your Hat On" piano for a bright sound, and the Berlin for a mellower sound.

But at home when I want solo piano bliss I will pull up Ivory or Keyscape pianos.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenophile wrote:
Can anyone point to an article/blog/video discussing in detail the adjustments they would make to a stock Kronos pianos to personalize it to their taste?

I've been pretty happy with Kronos preset pianos for gigging with rock/variety bands. I usually choose the "Leave Your Hat On" piano for a bright sound, and the Berlin for a mellower sound.

But at home when I want solo piano bliss I will pull up Ivory or Keyscape pianos.

the MIDRANGE of the German Dark Grand is WAY better and less metalic sounding than the berlin. trust me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: