Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Flash" International OS on Musikant Version ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mambomatze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: "Flash" International OS on Musikant Version ? Reply with quote

Hi all,

maybe someone can answer this question : Is it possible to load/flash the OS from the International Version on a PA4X Musikant ??? I know the other way around is not possible, but in this way ???

Problem i have, i checked the sounds Qui Robinez is reffering to ,
Upper 1:
Easterns Depths (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)
Upper 2:
Jazz Piano (factory - piano tab - P1 subtab)
Upper 3:
Tension Scene (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)

are not available in the Musikant Version (2.0.1) , or named in german, but even then i cannot find a properly translated sound.

So my idea would be to flash the OS of the International Version on my Musikant....or is this a bad idea Sad

Or, can someone provide me a Factory SET V2 of an International ? it cannot be extracted from the update files from what i see...

cheers
Matthias
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you don't have to flash it, you just can load them in your pa4x, i do it all the time with the musikant set.

Much more easy is it to load the international version as a direct set that way you will have the styles and keyboard sets of both versions together in your pa4x. (you can do this in the global mode)

in this thread you can find the styles (only the styles) of both versions
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112046

But as far as i know, the sounds are the same (at least the original sounds), did you press the sound button before looking up the sounds i mentioned?
Only there you can find those references to the sounds, not in style or keyboard mode.
Snoopy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Matthias :

Ein Wechsel zwischen den OS-Versionen ( Musikant / International / Oriental ) ist ABSOULT UNMÖGLICH !

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: os Reply with quote

almost , I have international and Musikant , and it work 98%,, but I do not have Oriental , just waiting for someone to post it.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musikant & Oriental versions contain all the factory resources of International version. Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Musikant & Oriental versions contain all the factory resources of International version. Wink

yes, that was also my impression, the extra sounds for those versions were in the user area as far as i know.
mambomatze

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, thanks for all your help and interest. Just had some minutes do some quick pictures to show you what the problem is in detail.

Looking for the Sounds Qui is referring to :
Easterns Depths (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)
Tension Scene (factory - synth pad tab - P4 subtab)

See the first picture Factory/SynthPad/P4 ( in german called SynthFlaeche)

Eastern Depths i found under Legacy, Tension Scene not at all.

User Area is empty by the way....

So this is the problem, Sounds in the Musikant Version do have other (germanized) Names and Locations.

So, my last idea i have in mind, could the Internationial Resources be loaded and overwrite the factory default sounds banks ? I know the write protection can be turned off, or is this just for the styles ?

Styles are not a problem at all, mapped the international set as direct set , perfect.

thanks a lot for your help
cheers
Matthias

AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mambomatze wrote:
So, my last idea i have in mind, could the Internationial Resources be loaded and overwrite the factory default sounds banks ?

Your solution would be simple if Musikant could accept an International BKP file , but it doesn't ...
Taking for granted that both Musicant & Oriental have all International factory sound (Rom MS) and their extra
resources are in "Localized" Nand Flash memory partition of motherboard , I don't know if they have kept the
same multisamples positions order !
Therefore if theorytically you load all international factory "Sounds" in your Musikant version , this does not mean
that they will work properly , not to mention that you will disorder all Musikant Styles and extra Musikant Sound resources !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean that when i create a song file based on a very modified standard style (different sounds and pads and effects) and include keyboard sets that are a mixture of factory sounds and my own sounds, this doesn't work on musikant and oriental pa4x?

If so, that would be the same mess as the kronos 2 program order collection which makes combi sharing almost impossible.

I just finished a new EDM song setup which sounds incredible, but that won't work on the musikant and oriental version then?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui , if you see above attached photos of Musikant Sound architecture , then go figure ...
Logically , factory Multisamples should be at the same position in all models , but I'm not sure for that either !
In case that above speculation is valid then the best option is to copy factory sounds to user/Direct area ,
pointing only at factory MS and be common for all 3 models ...

Hope this helps

QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Qui , if you see above attached photos of Musikant Sound architecture , then go figure ...
Logically , factory Multisamples should be at the same position in all models , but I'm not sure for that either !
In case that above speculation is valid then the best option is to copy factory sounds to user/Direct area ,
pointing only at factory MS and be common for all 3 models ...

yes you are right,

so this will mean that i only will add sounds and keyboard sets based on my own user sounds in the sound Set.

The songs and styles will be available only for the pa4x international version in that case.

The only thing that puzzles me in this scenario is how is it possible that all the styles and songs from the musikant version do work on my international version? I would expect that all those styles and songs would point to non existing sounds, but all the styles and songs worked correctly when i tested them.

The only explanation would be that it creates copies of the used sounds in the styles and keyboard sets instead of pointers. But i don't believe that it works that way. I will do some extensive testing this week to see how the pa4x actually works with those scenarios.
mambomatze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Qui,

would you mind creating just a quick "test" set with the Ambient Caves style set only in it ??? i would like to load and see which sounds will be called...maybe this shed some light into this...

cheers
Matthias

btw....i am just in contact with the german Korg Support discussing about this. as soon as i know more i´ll let you know
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mambomatze wrote:
Hi Qui,

would you mind creating just a quick "test" set with the Ambient Caves style set only in it ??? i would like to load and see which sounds will be called...maybe this shed some light into this...

cheers
Matthias

btw....i am just in contact with the german Korg Support discussing about this. as soon as i know more i´ll let you know

great idea!

i will contact you tomorrow with a PM to share some of the sounds in the set and do some testing.
mambomatze

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks Smile

Meanwhile i got answer from Korg Germany :

- Factory ROM / PCM Data (Samples / Multisamples / Drumsamples) is equal
on all models,

- Muskant and Oriental do have an additional separated ROM on top.

- The Organisation of Sounds/Banks is different on all 3 Models. Not as i expected the additionally sounds are extra -no, they are mixed up with the international ones. On Musikant also partially have other names ( i would call this "germanized" ).

So using the User Banks and copy the sounds over before would be the only option to make sure it works. Small note from the Korg Support - User Banks have been used also in V2.0 Update for Musikant. I dont know about the International Version. For me this is fine, i can move them to another bank or maybe i do not use them at all. Guess thats up to everybody itself to sort this out.

Regarding Styles - i personally have the complete V2.0 International Styles as Direct Set. This should be also considered - if styles are used in the sets.

cheers
Matthias
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mambomatze wrote:
Cool, thanks Smile

Meanwhile i got answer from Korg Germany :

- Factory ROM / PCM Data (Samples / Multisamples / Drumsamples) is equal
on all models,

- Muskant and Oriental do have an additional separated ROM on top.

- The Organisation of Sounds/Banks is different on all 3 Models. Not as i expected the additionally sounds are extra -no, they are mixed up with the international ones. On Musikant also partially have other names ( i would call this "germanized" ).

So using the User Banks and copy the sounds over before would be the only option to make sure it works. Small note from the Korg Support - User Banks have been used also in V2.0 Update for Musikant. I dont know about the International Version. For me this is fine, i can move them to another bank or maybe i do not use them at all. Guess thats up to everybody itself to sort this out.

Regarding Styles - i personally have the complete V2.0 International Styles as Direct Set. This should be also considered - if styles are used in the sets.

cheers
Matthias

thanks for sharing this information!

Exactly what i needed to know.

I will create a test soundset for you which should work in theory, i'm really curious if that will solve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: