Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Jazz Club" Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI All the Styles I have tried work in my PA3Xle pretty well. I have noticed a lot of duplicity between Styles already residing in my keyboard and those that Don has posted. It will take me a while to get through the entire list, but there are some unique Styles I have found. One or two, so far, only contain two fills; which may be an indication of Styles from even earlier Korg PA models. Definitely an overall great resource to have. Thanks Don for sharing. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
Don - Nice of you to post these styles. I assumed they were for everyone since the link was in a forum post rather than a PM.

By the way, it seems the style JAZZ CLUB is on Page 5 of Jazz Factory Styles in Pa4X. Am I missing something here?

I would not be surprised to find the BLUES SHUFFLE is on the 4X also, updated and re-named. I found this to be the case on several "missing" Pa2X styles.

Yes, the Jazz Club style is on the PA4X. However I think he was looking for an Acoustic Jazz style that is NOT.
This is the style of which I'm speaking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydmXNNkrdw
Also, the Blues Shuffle is definitely not on the 4x. It has been on every PA since at least the PA80, but not the 4x. There are also a few more that were on the 3x and not on the 4x.
I have played the 4x five nights a week, four hours a night for 18 months, and the 3x and 900 before that. It's a great instrument!
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don, from one old timer to another, I have been downloading every style I can find ever since the PA1. So I have the styles you posted and can see why the others are appreciative of your time and efforts.
I'm still trying to figure out that new PA system you are using on some of your U Tube postings. I'm still using the Bose ll system. I may change if I can find something lighter and sounds as good. Take care down in Louisiana.

Chuck
Ohio, USA
Old fingers
Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:

Yes, the Jazz Club style is on the PA4X. However I think he was looking for an Acoustic Jazz style that is NOT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydmXNNkrdw.........

That's the one Don, thanks again.

Great guitar playing on your PA by the way.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Hey Don, from one old timer to another, I have been downloading every style I can find ever since the PA1. So I have the styles you posted and can see why the others are appreciative of your time and efforts.
I'm still trying to figure out that new PA system you are using on some of your U Tube postings. I'm still using the Bose ll system. I may change if I can find something lighter and sounds as good. Take care down in Louisiana.

Chuck
Ohio, USA

The P.A. in the video was two Bose L1 Compacts. I have since sold them and now use two LD Systems Maui 5 speakers. they are the same footprint as the Compacts, but have a better bass, e.q., more connections, Bluetooth, etc., and they are about HALF the price. I've used them for more than a year now and they are great!
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
DonM wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YydmXNNkrdw.........

That's the one Don, thanks again.

Great guitar playing on your PA by the way.

Thank you! Glad you liked it. I use that style a lot btw.
Stroebs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don - I am always eager to try out new styles - can't have too many!
Casio PX780M
bud2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Don being kind enough to post these styles. I never understand why people can't just take a few minutes to say thank you when someone takes the time and effort to help others.
Thanks again. Bill
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stroubs and Bill,
Thanks guys! There have been 57 downloads of the styles! Glad to be of service.
BillTracy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know if these will load on a PA900?
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these Don.
Best wishes,
Jon
stephenm52

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don,

I'm number 12 to download and have to say Thank you! Very Happy

Jonyblues need to say thanks to you too, Last year you posted your MaxxEQ settings I copied them and use them on a regular basis. Pa4x sounds best to my ears with your settings.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenm52 wrote:
Hey Don,

I'm number 12 to download and have to say Thank you! Very Happy

Jonyblues need to say thanks to you too, Last year you posted your MaxxEQ settings I copied them and use them on a regular basis. Pa4x sounds best to my ears with your settings.

Thanks! There have been about 80 downloads now!
I also used Jonyblues settings, but tweaked them a little to the room and my p.a. Sure makes things POP! Smile
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenm52 wrote:

+1

Hey Jonyblues, would be interesting to know if you've tweaked your MAXXEQ settings since the 2.1 version upgrade.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen/Stilli/Don,

Thanks for the positive feedback about the Maxx settings that I shared last year. I'm really glad that you have all found them to be useful and that you feel that you're Pa4x sounds much better for using them (or, at least, that they have been a good base on which you can build your own specific Maxx settings).

In regards to your question Stilli, no, I haven't made any major changes since the update, only a few tweaks.

I found that even though the new styles and sounds that came with v2.0 onwards are definitely mixed/balanced better (and have obviously been eq'd in a much better way to most of the standard styles), I think that the pa4x as a whole still benefits greatly from Maxx settings similar to the ones I created.

I notice that a couple of the new styles seem a bit 'boomy' on the bass end through my PA (QSC K10's V1) but I think that it's better to adjust those couple of styles rather than make all of the other styles weaker by pulling down the bass (or adjusting other settings) on the Maxx settings.

FYI, my latest Maxx settings are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1fD9_7S1ptNdmJmMHRTZ0tTVzg

Whether it is right or wrong, my approach is to get a decent Maxx setting in place and then adjust all other sounds and sets so that they have the optimal tone, balance and volume. I'm currently going through all of my sets trying to create the absolute best guitars (just spent a whole day perfecting another new one, which I really like and is not as heavy (or effects-laden) as the last one I shared in the forum), pianos, brass, saxes, trumpet, accordion, e pianos etc. specifically based on my Maxx settings. In parallel with that I'm also going through each style and tweaking the levels and instruments and then saving them as new songbook entries.

I also, tried to create my Maxx settings so that my Mixing desk is pretty flat eq wise. That way, depending on the room acoustics where I am playing, I can easily add a little more top, mid or bass, without having to tweak the Maxx settings for each venue.

Hope this helps,
Best wishes,
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: