Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01/W multisamples & programs for the Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: 01/W multisamples & programs for the Kronos Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Just contributing some useful items for the Kronos, mostly from the 01/W - I posted this years ago for the M3, and now I converted everything to Kronos format, and updated them. I hope someone finds this useful, they are just some essentials that didn't show up on the Kronos that I really depend on. Don't judge me for my love of the 01/W's piano, it's purely sentimental.

Included are the 01/W's String Ensemble samples, piano sample, "Mr. Gong," and the oboe.

Programs & Drum Kits:
Bank U-FF includes a few string programs, a few concocted string programs which also use EXs18, the piano program, gong, oboe, TotalKit (A1 from the 01W), and the Cymbal Roll program brought over from the M3. Also, I was disappointed and frustrated with the existing string programs on the Kronos. There were some great multisamples in EXs1 and 18, just no programs to play them with, so I fudged my own - they are nothing spectacular but I think they sound good. The 01/W's strings don't sound very convincing on their own, but they sound great alongside the more realistic samples in the Kronos.

The drum kit will load into bank U-F.

Downloadable link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6VmKeaXeoJLbi1xSzF5aXdEdTQ/view?usp=sharing
mikeyd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried the link. It downloads, but unable to extract the file. Any suggestions? Thanks for doing this!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinRAR for PC or Unarchiver or Stuffit Expander for the Mac should be able to extract the files in the archive.

pete.m

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing these sounds - they're most appreciated.
mikeyd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voip"]WinRAR for PC or Unarchiver or Stuffit Expander for the Mac should be able to extract the files in the archive.

.[/quote]

Usually don't have a problem with unzipping files. I have 7zip and windows unzip programs. I'll try again. Maybe have to download The WinRAR.

Thanks
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeyd wrote:
voip wrote:
WinRAR for PC or Unarchiver or Stuffit Expander for the Mac should be able to extract the files in the archive.

Usually don't have a problem with unzipping files. I have 7zip and windows unzip programs. I'll try again. Maybe have to download The WinRAR.

Thanks

You can try this one, it's ZIP format

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6VmKeaXeoJLNThZbnl2aVNPd28/view?usp=sharing
mikeyd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[

You can try this one, it's ZIP format

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6VmKeaXeoJLNThZbnl2aVNPd28/view?usp=sharing[/quote]

Thank you sir! That worked! Looking forward to trying them! Thanks again!
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the effort. I'll definitely enjoy these.
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh-heh, the 01/W: The first keyboard I worked on with Korg starting my long relationship with them. I still have mine, although I'm probably going to sell it soon. Mint condition. Incidentally, I "made" the 01/W strings (did the waveform editing on that, from samples created by a company named Sound Genesis originally for the Fairlight Series III, of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Symphony Orchestra. They were actually quite good samples, but having to short loop them and scrunch them down to like 100k to fit in the 01/W's ROM robbed them of much of the quality. Still, those were pretty good strings for back then. I think I did the oboe, too. And I probably looped the gong - I did a ton of waveform editing on the 01/W. )

John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Heh-heh, the 01/W: The first keyboard I worked on with Korg starting my long relationship with them. I still have mine, although I'm probably going to sell it soon. Mint condition. Incidentally, I "made" the 01/W strings (did the waveform editing on that, from samples created by a company named Sound Genesis originally for the Fairlight Series III, of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Symphony Orchestra. They were actually quite good samples, but having to short loop them and scrunch them down to like 100k to fit in the 01/W's ROM robbed them of much of the quality. Still, those were pretty good strings for back then. I think I did the oboe, too. And I probably looped the gong - I did a ton of waveform editing on the 01/W. )

Man, that's so awesome....thanks for sharing that! What synth did the 01/W anastrings and pwm come from and the ahh and choir samples?

I love those sounds for their warmth/lushness and fatness. You ought to keep your 01/W. Your work on the synth design card(and others) was awesome...did you do those samples too(synth design)? I'm so intrigued where all those samples in the 01/W rom came from! There's the obvious ones(VS as in prophet VS)

Again thanks for sharing the info Stephen, still love my 01/W very much.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:
Man, that's so awesome....thanks for sharing that! What synth did the 01/W anastrings and pwm come from and the ahh and choir samples?

I don't remember where the anastrings and pwm came from, I didn't do those, but if I recall correctly the choir was a mixture of my Fairlight Series 3 layered with some other vocal samples.

Quote:
Your work on the synth design card(and others) was awesome...did you do those samples too(synth design)?

I did a lot of the samples for the synth design card, including all the power tool noises. That was one of my favorite projects, and the two demo sequences I did for that card remain two of my favorite demo pieces. Here's a link for anyone interested. The second piece was kind of cool for using all of the power tool samples to simulate the idea of two robots rolling up to each other and "jamming" by banging on their body parts.

Moon Police.mp3

Robot World.mp3

Quote:
I love those sounds for their warmth/lushness and fatness. You ought to keep your 01/W.

The 01/W was a great synth for its time. Here's my original demo sequence for the 01/W - it's really long and goes through a lot of styles, but some great sounds in there. Wink

WKRG Radio.mp3

Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have one - I've replaced the backlighting and the disk drive, and I still love playing on it, but it definitely belongs to a different time, but it's always been my favorite to play on. The thing is 25 years old and is the most reliable piece of hardware ever.

Stephen, your demos for all your synths are great work. They are very inspiring in showing users just what they can do with even what seem to be the most useless sounds. You really know how to get the best sound out of any program on a workstation.
bobmusic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:

The 01/W was a great synth for its time. Here's my original demo sequence for the 01/W - it's really long and goes through a lot of styles, but some great sounds in there. Wink
WKRG Radio.mp3

Thank you for that Stephen Very Happy 01/Wpro was my first Korg workstation and I get a nice flashback while listening to your demosong today Very Happy
Trinity Pro with MOSS-Board, PBS FlashRom, HDR, Optical DI
Korg Collection 3

Last edited by bobmusic on Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing is random with Stephen who is a brilliant Musician with deep knowledge in any Music composition and style ,
he is the definition of sound developer and clearly proves that a developer should be first of all an excellent Musician
with deep knowledge in everything he creates and he couldn't be less than the karma developer and a leader "mind'
behind the keyboards industry scene and inspiration for all of us ! Very Happy
Respect to Stephen Kay ! ( I just wanted to say that ! )

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: