Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sequence microkorg with volca keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
black emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: sequence microkorg with volca keys Reply with quote

hello there,
i try to sequence microkorg with volca keys. I managed to send arpeggiator from microkorg and store the pattern in volca. Although when i try and play a different arpeggiated note the one that i recorded is not heard. It sounds like the microkorg lower the voice of volca keys. The connection is typical midi out from microkorg to midi in volca keys and audio seperately to the mixer. What i want to achieve is to play an arpeggio write it in volca keys and play another pattern in microkorg. If there is a similar topic please notify me. I ve done a lot of searching and dind manage to find out.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Not sure it is clear to me what you want to achieve. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Your first point "to sequence the microKorg with volca keys" is not possible. That would mean that you need a midi out on the volca to be connected to the midi in of the microKorg. Only the other way around of sequencing is possible.

If you recorded the arpeggio pattern fron the microKorg into the volca (which is possible) and you want to play it back, the sound for that pattern will have to come from the volca itself and will not come from the microKorg. (See my previous point.)

Bye
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've recorded an arp onto the volcakeys and now the Vkeys is playing it back?
You could now change the midi channel on your microkorg and that would stop the microkorg from retriggering Vkeys, letting you continue a new arp sequence on MK.

Or if you want the volca to play two arp sequences at the same time just make sure the mode switch on the volca is poly (or poly-ringmod).
black emperor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answers. Yeah, i think that the sequencer "sequences" a melody. Forgive me though english is not my mother language.
I have already tried to change midi channel but i though that this was just a quick solution that there should be a more appropriate solution. Nevermind that works for me. Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: