Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loud key /please help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
al urezzio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: loud key /please help Reply with quote

I will try to explain this as best possible ... all of a sudden ,using a PIANO sound , i will go to play a C CHORD , playing G < C < E ..well , the C note has this really loud sound to it , it dominates the other notes in volume ,,, stands out very noticeably ... I changed sounds , using a guitar & just playing single notes the C note would sound louder ... now here's the crazy part ... i went to a gig today , & it wasn't doing it but about 45 minutes into my playing it started again ... anyone one with ideas ????? I have 2 Korg techs available but the really did give me an idea of what it could be ..now for the really problem ..i am gigs 3 ,4 ,sometimes 5 days a week .. the 2 local places I call ,one said a 5 to 10 turn around ,but the second after explain my situation said , if i brought it to him , 24 hrs he could give me his determination of the problem ... i am bummed out .... does anyone have a clue ???????
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=32927&highlight=contact+strip

It's almost certainly this^.

However, it could be just a bit of dirt on the contact strip. If it is just dirt you might be able to blast it out with a can of compressed air - worth trying before taking any further steps.

If the contact strip is damaged, then John's description above will apply. Good luck.
al urezzio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: loud key Reply with quote

thank you for all the extremely helpful info ,but i will try the compressed air & hopefully fix the problem ..I really do not feel comfortable taking it apart at this point in time ( that a problem no time ... AGAIN i wanted to say how thankful I am for this wonderful web page & all the extremely generous people who contribute helpful answer & solutions to many different problems ...what a great bunch ...many thanks ...
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Pa3x61 - here are the instructions on which screws to remove to open it up:
On Rear: 3 bottom-most screws of the top black section.
Underneath: 8 black screws but not those holding the hatches.
On sides: 2 end silver allen screws (not the middle one) and 2 bottom black screws (leave the side black screw near the rear - this is the hinge screw).

From there you can see which screws and wires you need to remove to remove the key bed. From there you need to undo the "plates" that cover the contact strips which will just peel off. To put new ones back use an straightened paper clip or blunt piece of wire to push the protrusions back in the holes.
I have purchased them from here:
https://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg/korg-keys-octave-sets
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, John. That's the address for parts I meant to give Al but I couldn't remember it. Be well, mate.
Cheers, Giner
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: loud key Reply with quote

al urezzio wrote:
i will try the compressed air & hopefully fix the problem

Carbon contact strips are expendable parts and contact carbon mass is diminished after key pressure usage ,
so the called "dirty" from some users is actually the detached pieces of carbon and this can't permanately
be fixed with cleaning or air compressors !
All those contact strips must be replaced after an average usage of 3 years , this is the keyboard maintance
rule and this procedure has some secrets that only authorized service knows better since some special tools
(needles) are required to place contacts properly plus dynamometric cross screwdriver with specific settings ,
else you will destroy screws threads of contacts board and in your next maintance you will discover loosen board
fastening and you'll get into serious trouble , so it's greatly adviced not to experiment on things you're not experienced
and damage your keyboards due to save a few bucks !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: