Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Freeze-ups
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickster1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Each OS release had a list of what was fixed. The US Korg site might have all that note detail.

Is this the 1st time you used the SEQ ? Or 1st time you used it in this particular way ?

Maybe I am not reading your post correctly- are you attempting to press keys/playing notes while REC is lit up ?
___

Greg - When the REC button is lit, you're recording. I was recording a part on the song I was working on.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickster1 wrote:
Quote:
Each OS release had a list of what was fixed. The US Korg site might have all that note detail.

Is this the 1st time you used the SEQ ? Or 1st time you used it in this particular way ?

Maybe I am not reading your post correctly- are you attempting to press keys/playing notes while REC is lit up ?
___

Greg - When the REC button is lit, you're recording. I was recording a part on the song I was working on.

Oops sorry, I was thinking sampling/making a WAV file. And doing something else on the Kronos at the same time. Never mind my brain fart.

You make it sound, you were simply recording a track, playing the part, using an instrument/program while REC was on.

If you like, explain with more details about the particular song. Did you pile on a bunch of FX ? Did you run 12 pianos and drums in unison ? I am exaggerating to make an example.

I hope this makes sense. Intermittent problems are hard to nail down. If you can re- create the freeze every time, then there is something to fix.
rickster1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg...naah, it was simple recording. But since, I've recorded about 4 more times, not longer than an hour at a time, & it hasn't happened. When the freezes happened, I had been working for awhile, maybe 3 hours, so I'm thinking that it had to do with temperature/heat. At least that's my theory. I finished the song I was recording.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickster1 wrote:
Greg...naah, it was simple recording. But since, I've recorded about 4 more times, not longer than an hour at a time, & it hasn't happened. When the freezes happened, I had been working for awhile, maybe 3 hours, so I'm thinking that it had to do with temperature/heat. At least that's my theory. I finished the song I was recording.

heat build up is a good guess.

I also have the 1st gen. And live in a warm state. My home office/studio can get warm-- 80 degrees or more.

I have had lock ups/crashes , what have you, a few times, using the SEQ. It was warm, Kronos was on several hours, I was using lots of Fx and tracks, etc.

Its intermittent. While working on songs, I save frequently. On SSD and USB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: