Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg X-50 / microX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jam72

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Btw, is the editor capable of converting to different kind of models? (like Karma, Triton LE etc)?

Yes, there are seven options for export.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam72 wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
Btw, is the editor capable of converting to different kind of models? (like Karma, Triton LE etc)?

Yes, there are seven options for export.

Interesting (I cannot use the program since I don't have an X50).

Can I have your email address? I need a little bit of help so I can maybe find the problem (takes about 15 minutes I think).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jaydub

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have an X50 and have the same issue with PCGTools. Just wondering if this is likely to be fixed? Would be fantastic if it is. Could really do with rearranging those programs Smile

Cheers, Jay
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the actual problem is in the Korg editor, but I need more time to check for details.

The problem is that all references are pointing wrongly AFTER being saved by the Korg editor; when PCG Tools load it, I cannot read the correct information anymore (since it is overwritten).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ton L

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Kronos PCG to X50 Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a X50 now for 3 day,s and i have download a file for the Kronos but they said it is For the E bank and i have not, can i use PCG tool to change that???

Dus het is geschreven voor de E bank van een Kronos, maar kan dat veranderd worden met PCG tools in bv de D bank??
Ben een ROM player dus niet echt thuis in programeren en al helemaal niet in HEX.
Kun jij me een beetje op weg helpen Thanks.
Ton.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos PCG to X50 Reply with quote

Ton L wrote:
Hello,
I have a X50 now for 3 day,s and i have download a file for the Kronos but they said it is For the E bank and i have not, can i use PCG tool to change that???

Dus het is geschreven voor de E bank van een Kronos, maar kan dat veranderd worden met PCG tools in bv de D bank??
Ben een ROM player dus niet echt thuis in programeren en al helemaal niet in HEX.
Kun jij me een beetje op weg helpen Thanks.
Ton.

Hallo Ton,

For the fact that everyone can read this, I will answer in English.

With PCG Tools it is very easy: load your own PCG file in PCG Tools. Than load the file with the E bank. Copy all programs from that bank and paste them in the D bank of the first PCG file.

note: Always make backups first.

Ton L

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: X50 and PCG Tools Reply with quote

Hello Michel,
It doesn,t work because something of framework 4 error i dont know, i can,t even load a file with the Editor green as i am with this stuff, and yes i know RTFM, but i,m a real beginner with this kind of PC programs.
It,s a great file 32Mb, Download from this site, do you live in Rotterdam or near???? Idea
Greatings Ton....
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally PCG Tools installs .NET Framework 4 (or higher) automatically if not installed already ... this framework is used by lots of programs.

Maybe your PC is protected so it does not automatically load/install it.

However, you can install it yourself at: http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download/details.aspx?id=40779

Btw, I'm not living near rotterdam.

wladymeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: X50 editor bugs a lot... Reply with quote

Hello Michel,

just wondering have you found a way to import .PCG combi patches properly meanwhile?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: X50 editor bugs a lot... Reply with quote

wladymeer wrote:
Hello Michel,

just wondering have you found a way to import .PCG combi patches properly meanwhile?

Dear wladymeer, I think you have to refresh my memory regarding this issue.

So far, I only support Triton files which should be compatible with X50, however reading original X50 files is not supported (no documentation available).

wladymeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several problems:

1. I can't paste patches made for TR/Le to X50 via your program
UPDATE: With overwrite settings turned ON. Maybe you should consider for next update to include it upon instalation and then leave to users to turn off if they want to. This way it leads to conclusion that something isn't working.

2. When I export to .PCG via X50 editor and try to import it later all Combi sounds get it's sound numbers messed up, so instead of C104 for e.g. it loads C000, B023 gets B000... in other words all sounds become X000 program.
UPDATE: Some of combi sounds send timbres to non-existing banks, I haven't found a pattern yet why and when it occurs.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wladymeer wrote:
There are several problems:

1. I can't paste patches made for TR/Le to X50 via your program
UPDATE: With overwrite settings turned ON. Maybe you should consider for next update to include it upon instalation and then leave to users to turn off if they want to. This way it leads to conclusion that something isn't working.

2. When I export to .PCG via X50 editor and try to import it later all Combi sounds get it's sound numbers messed up, so instead of C104 for e.g. it loads C000, B023 gets B000... in other words all sounds become X000 program.
UPDATE: Some of combi sounds send timbres to non-existing banks, I haven't found a pattern yet why and when it occurs.

1. There is a good reason for this ... if I would not do this, people will overwrite existing programs, and blame PCG Tools for corrupting combis (using the programs of the just overwritten programs). And experienced users (like you), can easily find the option to overwrite patches.

2. I looked into this long time ago, and it seems to be a problem in the X50 editor somehow. After PCG Tools the file seems ok, but after being loaded by the editor the information is either not used correctly or changed. But I should mention this in the issues (although it's an issue more related to Korg than PCG Tools I'm afraid).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PCG Tools users,

As you have noticed, it has been a long time since there has been an update for PCG Tools. Due to lack of time and being very busy with another project, I have (in principle) no time anymore to add more features. This does not mean there will never be any new release anymore. Maybe in some future or when I have a more time I will pick it up again. Or even better, maybe others want to continue contributing to PCG Tools.

Because of that, I made the source code available on my website download page.(http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/download.php).

I will still answer questions about PCG Tools.

Also I want to thank everybody who helped me, contributed to it, posts bugs, had discussions and used it.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear PCG Tools users,

A new version of PCG Tools can be downloaded at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

The most important improvement is the support for the new Korg Kross 2.
Also some crashes have been fixed for various other models.

See below for details.

Kind regards,

Michel Keijzers (developer of PCG Tools)

Code:

===   Version 3.0.0   Date: 03-Nov-2017
Support : Added support for Korg Kross 2.
Bug Fix : Prevented crash when copying certain Kronos/Oasys/M3/M50 patches.
Bug Fix : Prevented crash while loading certain Korg Oasys PCG files.
Bug Fix : Fixed name of internal drum kit bank name for Korg Kross (1).
Links   : Added Dan Stesco, Audora and Synthesaurus.

jochner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the librarian and amount of work you have spent for the sake of us korg users!

Some suggestions for improvements))

Is there any chance to make such thing in PCG tool that after re-organizing patch/voice list of X-50 in the Programm mode , COMBi would automatically receive new locations of the Programms when synchronized with X -50 and new patch locations of PCG file?

Thanks in advance!

Ivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: