Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch bend joystick has problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Pitch bend joystick has problems Reply with quote

Since some time I have a problem that my joystick (for pitch bend, not the vector joystick) is sometimes moves back slowly.

HOwever, since yesterday to the left it works ok, but to the right it feels like I have to move it a bit 'wobby' to the right, and there it stays, unless I move it manually back. From the left, bottom and upper side it automatically reverts back to the center position (as should be).

Does anybody has had this problem before and what can be the problem?
I'm intending to open it to see what's wrong; probably a mechanical problem (or some 'dirt' or something inside )?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been other posts about the joy stick needing replaced. I have not had an issue with my 2 year old K2 yet. I think the failure may depend on how much we use the stick. I had to replace one in a Triton a few years ago. You can do it yourself if you're handy and not afraid to open it up. If yours is still under warranty, take it in and let a service center do it.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
There have been other posts about the joy stick needing replaced. I have not had an issue with my 2 year old K2 yet. I think the failure may depend on how much we use the stick. I had to replace one in a Triton a few years ago. You can do it yourself if you're handy and not afraid to open it up. If yours is still under warranty, take it in and let a service center do it.

Thanks for the reply ... I hoped it would not need replacement, but I will open it first myself. The warranty is over a long time ago anyway.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I replaced the one in the Triton, I found that the small spring that centers the stick had worn an unwanted groove in the plastic.

Last edited by Falcon2e on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kletsivo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Michel! It's a common problem and it does depend on how much you use your joystick as Falcon2e said.
I absolutely abuse my joystick and as a result I replace it so frequently that I even made a video about it.
Check it out before you open your Kronos. I'm sure you'll find it useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmGOxzCJuk

I get my spare parts from here:
http://syntaur.com/Items.asp?Item=3986

Good luck!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice video!!
Kletsivo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I have many Kronos related videos and planning to make many more.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the video ... I'm intending to opening the Kronos today so I will check the video.

Since half a year I also use my joystick more extensively.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened my Kronos to see what's wrong. Since the problem was inside the joystick assembly I opened that up and found a spring was inside a gap because two parts holding it where too far apart.

I fixed it (with a not so professional tie-wrap) and it seems to work, so until it breaks again I (luckily) do not need to buy any new joystick part.

Thanks for the help and video (was helpful anyway to disassemble the joystick part) and the cover (which is most work due to the many screws).

Kletsivo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear everything went smoothly! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: