Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Quest for Ipad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: MIDI Quest for Ipad Reply with quote

Well, I went to go check it out.
I downloaded the Kronos module.
Was told that it was running in demo mode and would only control 8 parameters, and to go to the in app store to unlock the module.
Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to exit the editor to get back to the "studio" screen. Swiping up, down, and right do nothing. Swiping left brings up some sort of "patch" browser.
Double tapping on the title bar of the Kronos editor does nothing, nor does pinching it closed.
So I have no idea how much the Kronos editor is.
I have to say that the screens look exactly like the included Editor App.
I was excited about this because I'm in a 64 bit environment, and we all know about that.....
Anyhoo, if anyone has a different experience, I'd love to hear about it!
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, downloaded it, fiddled with it for over an hour and eventually gave up. Like you, I couldn't get out of the editor page to buy the full version. It looked very promising, unfortunately it proved to be not user friendly at all. I hope they address this soon.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it and got it kinda working however, I dont think it will work for me as I need it to work over bluetooth and kronos threw some error about incomplete midi message.
Havent tried it with a USB cable.

However, was able to get out of editor time and again using a three finger swipe or tap gesture.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amit, I'd love to know where you are tapping or swiping. Cause neither tapping nor 3 finger swiping are doing anything on my ipad.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on it... I tried a few synth templates and it seemed ok-ish at first, then I couldn't purchase anything Rolling Eyes

The Kronos editor won't even load on my iPad Air (1st Gen) - Not enough RAM.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested with usb and it's working fine on my Ipad Pro.

To go back: Tap with 2 fingers on empty region on the editor and a menu appears. Hit Back to exit the editor
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
pranaearth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amit: Thanks! That did the trick.
I also saw the "?" up in the top bar, so I took a look at the instruction manual and the "Tips for Kronos"
They recommend using USB to transfer data to and from the Kronos, just because of the sheer amount of it.
The store icon still doesn't work, so I have o clue how much this is going to cost.
I've heard that MIDI Quest is charging exorbitant prices for each editor.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:

I've heard that MIDI Quest is charging exorbitant prices for each editor.

I believe they're somewhere around the $80 mark
DavyP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: App Price Reply with quote

This link states that the in app purchase costs $99. Towards the bottom of the page in the last section/paragraph.

http://www.squest.com/Products/MidiQuest_iPad/Instruments/KorgKronosv3.1/index.html
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ZERO alternative to a working Kronos VST plugin in 64bit Windows/DAWs.
And from my view it is isn't much else as well: isn't it a bit ridiculous to spend 99$, just to see a mirror of the Kronos surface on your ipad???

Soundquest has done NOTHING to offer an even basic Kronos 64bit VSTi at a reasonable price. They tried to sell it as part of an expensive package offer instead.

From me as Kronos user, Soundquest will get zero support the other way round after experiencing this behaviour since years.

And Korg also did a really, really lousy bad job concerning the whole plugin story. It has become their crappy side within the otherwise firstclass Kronos development.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software never has been Korg's forte.
They are way behind competition in any which arena except perhaps few Ipad Apps.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amit: I still use my Legacy Collection daily in my production work, so I think the musical apps that Korg develops are ok, I've noticed they really stumble with what I call accessory apps, like editors and such.

And at $99, there is not a snowballs chance in H3!! I'm buying it, especially since a 64 bit version of the plug in hasn't been developed/released.
I feel like they leave you with the 32 bit version as a "demo" as an enticement to buy the iPad editor, or the full version of MIDI Quest for your computer.

Seeing as how Kronos was released in 2011, and my main DAW (Logic) dropped support for 32 bit plugins in 2013, it's been 4 years now, with an answer of, basically, "We'll see" from Korg, I've pretty much given up hope.

Thanks, but I'll pass.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it and it sucked. No way was I gjust ping to spend that kind of money when PCG tools does a better job!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
Amit: I still use my Legacy Collection daily in my production work, so I think the musical apps that Korg develops are ok, I've noticed they really stumble with what I call accessory apps, like editors and such.

And at $99, there is not a snowballs chance in H3!! I'm buying it, especially since a 64 bit version of the plug in hasn't been developed/released.
I feel like they leave you with the 32 bit version as a "demo" as an enticement to buy the iPad editor, or the full version of MIDI Quest for your computer.

Seeing as how Kronos was released in 2011, and my main DAW (Logic) dropped support for 32 bit plugins in 2013, it's been 4 years now, with an answer of, basically, "We'll see" from Korg, I've pretty much given up hope.

Thanks, but I'll pass.

Legacy Collection, I still use them but I use iPad Versions more.

What I am looking for in a Kronos editor is better Wave sequencing and Other aspects that I don't have to sit/bend over on the keyboard and rather sit in my rest chair and do the edits. But this is not going to cut it for me either.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I tried it and it sucked. No way was I gjust ping to spend that kind of money when PCG tools does a better job!

Oh, how I wish that was available for OSX.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: