Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma modules and midi clock.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Karma modules and midi clock. Reply with quote

So Karma in combi/track is running 4 midi channels across each module.
Drum track runs a midi channel and my external device runs 2 midi channels.

I assume Tempo is Global channel yet my external device and drum track sync to tempo and 1st beat per measure despite being on channel 10 while global is channel 1. The drum track and external drum track share same midi channel so that makes sense.
But i question my assumption with no sense made of what is really going on to make them sync while set mutually to midi ch10 while global is midi channel 1.

Karma modules are across channels 2,3,4 & 5. They do not seem to sync with drum track. Maybe they do with tempo but the start and stop of their running is not exactly lined up beat per measure, automatically like kronos drum track does with external drum track . I have to manually come in with karma finger-keyed on the right beat and then it syncs correctly. It seems to all be tempo synced but not automatically lined up beat for beat.
GE/TS set up is my suspicion and i have been working too much to really dig in as i would like. I cannot set karma module to the same midi channels as drum tracks. Each karma module drives different patterns and kits.
I set kronos and external device to "Auto Midi" and that cleared things up a lot but i still stumbled into getting Karma module runs to line up beat for beat if i key trigger the start of karma manual with a margin of human error.

Auto midi setup also automatically set up the external device stop button to stop kronos drum track and karma as well as external device. Maybe i should be chasing something that triggers the start of karma, drum track and external device all at once with the same button. Sequencer start button does the trick of starting external device run but i have to work out issues that come with using sequencer start and stop. Plus all i need is a combi without the hassle of having to manually load a song every time i boot up kronos.

It is probably simple, but all day work has my time and focus squeezed tight (had an 18hour day and 13hr day in one week, which makes the 8hr days seem like part time work, and this is every day with no day off until job is done).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know based on the description. But here are a few things...

Did you disable quantization of triggers on any KARMA Modules? KARMA > Trigger page. If so, I think you should not.

MIDI Clock is not channel-specific, it has nothing to do with MIDI channels.

19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
I don't really know based on the description. But here are a few things...

Did you disable quantization of triggers on any KARMA Modules? KARMA > Trigger page. If so, I think you should not.

MIDI Clock is not channel-specific, it has nothing to do with MIDI channels.

Will look into that. Thanks.
I used a preset combi and changed around one of the guitar programs and another sound. Never explored or changed the Karma settings other than enabled link to drum track for all modules, from the trigger page, when i added the external drum track to the mix.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: