Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im so disappointed with this big O :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sebbytriton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: again and again.. Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
hi mates,..

here we go again,.. i got the usual blues screen,.. but this time i cant re-authorize my oasys. i re-installed everything, updated os but i always get the registration screen prompt. ( i didnt format HD , as im hoping to keep my files in there at least!) Tried initializing memory but all the same...

Any other clue or something new which i can try to do?.. as im in the middle of a terrible deadline, and my oasys put me on my knees again Sad .

Anything to check further??

/ Mario

A shame for a such keyboard ........................
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: again and again.. Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
hi mates,..

here we go again,.. i got the usual blues screen,.. but this time i cant re-authorize my oasys. i re-installed everything, updated os but i always get the registration screen prompt. ( i didnt format HD , as im hoping to keep my files in there at least!) Tried initializing memory but all the same...

Any other clue or something new which i can try to do?.. as im in the middle of a terrible deadline, and my oasys put me on my knees again Sad .

Anything to check further??

/ Mario

I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulties. It sounds like there is a hardware problem with your OASYS. Perhaps it is an easy-to-fix problem; for instance, the PCI card or cables may have become loose, and need to be re-seated. It may also be a more difficult problem, of course. You'll need to contact your national Korg distributor; they can help you find an authorized service center. (If I remember correctly, you have had hardware problems at some point before now; did you have it serviced in the interim?)

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
minnkorg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,
It seems you are having troubles way beyond norm.
The public ID is based on hardware contained inside the O.
Therefore if for any reason, any piece of hardware comes loose or makes intermittent connections, the public id will change.
I am wondering if you are not taking enough precaution when moving the O. From gig to gig if a lot of jostling is going on it might dislodge some connections inside the case. A traveling cushioned case might be a good investment. I have mine in the studio all the time and its been flawless since day one. Another point is to make sure when in operation, the O should be on a flat surface. Lateral torque on the case is not good.

Hope you get to the bottom of what is happening with yours.
iMac 24"-Logic9 Pro,Behringer X32,Roland VS2480CD,Korg Oasys88,Korg Radias, Yamaha Motif XS8, Roland Integra 7,Roland XP80,Roland VPro Session,Fender USA Strat, Gibson Les Paul USA Studio, Ovation Custom,Fender Jazzmaster Base,Roland GT6, Line6 PodXt Live. TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Marshall JVM 410H 1960CABS. Fender Princeton Chorus.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: My dear blue screen! why are you here again? Reply with quote

HI all,.. here i am again! i put the oasys aside for some years,.. not looking at it,.. one day, i switched it on and worked for 2 months... i updated to 1.3.3a ... ( i had 1.3.3 ) and bam! -----

----- It loads up and freezes after approx. 20seconds,.. only pads are functional... screen, buttons. sliders, knobs and keyboard are frozen.. sound comes out though,.. using the pads.

----- i tried to do the factory settings retore, with the 4 cds... boots up,.. Oasys logo screen comes for some seconds,.. and then total blue screen...no text on screen,.. only blue.. cd stops to spin... i waited 30 mins just in case.... repeated several times.. but freezes ...

Can anyone with some good experience on this machine give some advice pls! seems like everything is happening to my machine!!

PS.I minnkorg,.. im seeing your reply now! yes transporting it was like transporting a blind queen,.. with big cushions underneath and driven very slowly,... and like to 3 km away only! thanks for your reply
____
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, I haven't read this whole thread, but have you tried installing matching RAM chips? Some people have their keyboards (OASYS, Kronos) act badly, if there is a RAM issue.

I've had my OASYS for over 6 years. I've travelled across states with it. I've reformatted the HD, when I probably didn't have to. I've had 2 X-stand collapses where it has fallen to the ground. I tried to repair a busted power connection from a fall and sparks flew out of it! (Got it replaced by a tech.) So far, it keeps working like a champ. Whatever is happening with yours is not normal.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike! Yes i replaced the Ram with same specs but a Corsair one. It did the same thing. they can be seen loaded on the Oasys logo screen as Memory: 1Gb . But when it loads into Combi Mode ( the last combi it was on when switched off ) it just freezes. Not even the control panel lights are switched on ( sliders and knobs ) . Sad . . Is there some kind of other total reset? i need to try it now! thanks for your reply.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking out someone else's OASYS, which he bought secondhand. There was a program that it would keep freezing up on. The machine just locked up. Our solution was to initialize the programs to the factory default setting.

I'm not at my O, but I believe we put Disk #4 in the CD-drive and turned the OASYS off. When it came back on, there were some options, including resetting the programs to factory settings. It worked fine after that. I don't know if that is the problem with your unit, but it's worth a try.
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for your search! yes re installing the machine doesnt work,.. actually it doesnt even show the CMD PROMPT looking blue screen with option where i can reinsall OS, initialze internamel memory, Format and reinstall ect,... if just freezes on a blue empty screen ( when inserting the Restore Cd )
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mariosammut wrote:
Hi Mike, thanks for your search! yes re installing the machine doesnt work,.. actually it doesnt even show the CMD PROMPT looking blue screen with option where i can reinsall OS, initialze internamel memory, Format and reinstall ect,... if just freezes on a blue empty screen ( when inserting the Restore Cd )

I think you need to take your OASYS in for repair to a Korg Authorized Service Center. You very well may have some defective hardware.

I would contact the Korg Country Distributor in Malta which appears to be "Audio & Auto Sound".

http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=M

They should be able to provide a name of someone who can repair your OASYS.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Sekwenz32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was never such as an auth. Kong dealer here. It was a joke!

i posted a new thread on re-trying to repair the O for the 4th or 5th time . i want to succeed now Smile . Would appreciate your input on that thread Martin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: