Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg 3rd Party Libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
methusala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Korg 3rd Party Libraries Reply with quote

In addition to all the factory sounds etc , there are of course a number of 3rd Party developers producing samples for the Kronos. I don't have any yet but would like to hear from anyone who does have some.
Do they integrate well ? Good points:not so good etc.
Specially, how realistic are the purely instrument sounds (brass, woodwinds, strings)--they can tend to sound rather synthy. I'm not so keen on the synth sounds as I think they're covered well in the K anyhow.

I still have my Oasys with KARO Libraries!

Patrick
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg 3rd Party Libraries Reply with quote

methusala wrote:
In addition to all the factory sounds etc , there are of course a number of 3rd Party developers producing samples for the Kronos. I don't have any yet but would like to hear from anyone who does have some.
Do they integrate well ? Good points:not so good etc.
Specially, how realistic are the purely instrument sounds (brass, woodwinds, strings)--they can tend to sound rather synthy. I'm not so keen on the synth sounds as I think they're covered well in the K anyhow.

I still have my Oasys with KARO Libraries!

Patrick

1 observation on the many Orchestra sample libs is the density and ' style' of orchestration/ensmbles. You have to like the approach . The demos should be helpful if the sample Lib set is a match for your taste.

You would need a good sized SSD if you start collecting these.

Plus the sample libs stay with your Kronos. Not transferable to a 2nd Kronos.
Thats a major obstacle for Kronos owners like myself.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing with the EXS libraries is you can download and try them to see if they fit the bill. The bad thing is if you do go for them they get tied to your Kronos, so you cannot transfer them if you trade up, which I think is a major flaw. Having said that I did buy a few as they sound so good (I have Sharp's libraries and the Korg vocal library).

But I would like a means to deauthorise on one Kronos and transfer to another. I appreciate the need to deal with rampant piracy, but if I purchase something I should be able to legitimately transfer them.

The only option I do have is if ever I sold the Kronos (unlikely unless I was trading up to a later model) is to include the libraries in the sale price and repurchase. Which is a bit daft. I would not want to sell, and the purchaser would have to want the libraries as well.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: