Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USING PEDALS WITH THE PA4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary Usinger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: USING PEDALS WITH THE PA4X Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if you can use a pedal controller like the Behringer FCB1010 that sends CC#s and PC#s to control the different buttons on the Pa4x?

I used it along with a Midi Solutions Event Processor to change arps on my motif which did not accept CC#s.

Thanks,

Gary

PS: I am new to the forum and Korg. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can, maybe except Pads.
here is list of PC#
Program Change List:
CTR#64 = STS1
CTR#65 = STS2
CTR#66 = STS3
CTR#67 = STS4
CTR#80 = Intro 1
CTR#81 = Intro 2
CTR#82 = Intro 3
CTR#83 = VAR 1
CTR#84 = VAR 2
CTR#85 = VAR 3
CTR#86 = VAR 4
CTR#87 = Fill 1
CTR#88 = Fill 2
CTR#89 = Fill 3
CTR#90 = Fill 4
CTR#91 = Break
CTR#92 = Ending 1
CTR#93 = Ending 2
CTR#94 = Ending 3
CTR#95 = Fade In/Out
CTR#96 = STS Mode
CTR#97 = Auto Fill
CTR#98 = Memory
CTR#100 = Manual Bass
CTR#101 = Tempo Lock
CTR#103 = Start/Stop

Also you can use CC# to control sounds on dedicated tracks.
Some CC# can be control globally.
Please check User manual for more info, is to much to post here. Wink
If you got specific question ask here, maybe we can help.
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: USING PEDALS WITH THE PA4X Reply with quote

Gary Usinger wrote:
Can anyone tell me if you can use a pedal controller like the Behringer FCB1010 that sends CC#s and PC#s to control the different buttons on the Pa4x?

I used it along with a Midi Solutions Event Processor to change arps on my motif which did not accept CC#s.

Thanks,

Gary

PS: I am new to the forum and Korg. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Nemik has an honarary pHd in FCB1010 studies! He's done all kinds of weird stuff with it. I owned one many years ago but didn't do a whole lot with it back then. This time around I decided to go a little deeper and there's tons of things you can do with it. I'm documenting my experience with it as a video at the moment.

D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam CA... i also have one of these which was given to me along with a MOD chip which i have installed...The MOD chip apparently gets over a lot of glitches with the original firmware but i never made any further progress as it now just sits underneath my PA4X coverd over...would be very interesting to see your new Video when this is ready Smile

Last edited by D575 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
......The MOD chip apparently gets over a lot of glitches with the original firmware but i never made any further progress ......)

which chip you have installed?
I got UnO chip and works as charm, much better that original EPROM.
I been warn but others, after upgrade first thing you need to flash all to release extra Rom space, without it will crash.
Is nothing special, just simply Switch off the board, and keep the 1 and 9 keys pressed while switching it on again.
Keep the 2 switches pressed until the display turns black. After releasing the 2 switches,
a countdown from 9 to 0 starts. After that, the board is ready to use. Wink
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
D575 wrote:
......The MOD chip apparently gets over a lot of glitches with the original firmware but i never made any further progress ......)

I been warn but others, after upgrade first thing you need to flash all to release extra Rom space, without it will crash.
Is nothing special, just simply Switch off the board, and keep the 1 and 9 keys pressed while switching it on again.
Keep the 2 switches pressed until the display turns black. After releasing the 2 switches,
Hi Nemik yes I have the Un0 chip and have already followed the above set-up procedure so thanks for the tip there.....pending Sam CA Video is there any other reference material or information with more details that would be applicable for the PA4x, I dont have any specific request for any applications but to understand the general landscape that could be applied using the behringer MIDI controller could add food for thought over the Korg EC5 ...but again considering Sam CA past presentations I'm anticipating some good tutorial videos to follow......
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
Nemik wrote:
D575 wrote:

Hi Nemik yes I have the Un0 chip and have already followed the above set-up procedure so thanks for the tip there.....pending Sam CA Video is there any other reference material or information with more details that would be applicable for the PA4x, I dont have any specific request for any applications but to understand the general landscape that could be applied using the behringer MIDI controller could add food for thought over the Korg EC5 ...but again considering Sam CA past presentations I'm anticipating some good tutorial videos to follow......

I'm sure Sam will make awesome video about, his Video are very educated.
In FCB1010 all is about understanding how this works and what posibility you have.
Upgrade to UnO will get you option to set to momentary switch which can be very useful with performing on Korg.
You can use momentary switch to control DNC Sounds as Sound Controllers.
With momentary switch you can sent 127 data when you press and get back to 0 data on release.
Sound Controllers midi are CC# 80 and CC# 81 .
If I find some extra time I will continue putting more info about on my website.
for now you can find there some basics.
https://performersheaven.com/en/resources-en/how-to/programming-fcb1010
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nemik that's very useful to know Smile
Gary Usinger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Thanks for the helpful info Reply with quote

Thanks Nemik and Sam

I appreciate all of the advice about using the pedal board.

I do have the UnO upgrade on my Behringer FCB1010 and will look forward to using with the Pa4x which I am planning to get.

I am still up in the air about that keyboard over the new Genos. But there is about a $1500 to $2000 difference in price. So it may have to be the Pz4k.

Thanks again,

Gary
jpires

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: pc# for style up and style down Reply with quote

Hello
What is the PC# or ctr #for style up and Style down?

thanks
JP

Nemik wrote:
Yes you can, maybe except Pads.
here is list of PC#
Program Change List:
CTR#64 = STS1
CTR#65 = STS2
CTR#66 = STS3
CTR#67 = STS4
CTR#80 = Intro 1
CTR#81 = Intro 2
CTR#82 = Intro 3
CTR#83 = VAR 1
CTR#84 = VAR 2
CTR#85 = VAR 3
CTR#86 = VAR 4
CTR#87 = Fill 1
CTR#88 = Fill 2
CTR#89 = Fill 3
CTR#90 = Fill 4
CTR#91 = Break
CTR#92 = Ending 1
CTR#93 = Ending 2
CTR#94 = Ending 3
CTR#95 = Fade In/Out
CTR#96 = STS Mode
CTR#97 = Auto Fill
CTR#98 = Memory
CTR#100 = Manual Bass
CTR#101 = Tempo Lock
CTR#103 = Start/Stop

Also you can use CC# to control sounds on dedicated tracks.
Some CC# can be control globally.
Please check User manual for more info, is to much to post here. Wink
If you got specific question ask here, maybe we can help.
Bill1983

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: USING PEDALS WITH THE PA4X Reply with quote

Gary Usinger wrote:

Thanks,

Gary

I've gone a completely different route and bought a Studio Logic (Organ Style) midi pedal board. As I use a DAW that's loaded with Komplete 11 and Vir2's Electri6ity and Acous6tics it really comes in handy for my PA4X as well as the VSTs. It's fully programmable as far as CC's and PC's. It coupled with the Korg "MIDI Like" pedal allows me to control everything with my feet. Being a classically trained organist it just feels more correct for lack of a better term.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Tom04

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

yes, and it would be fine, if some other as the above mentioned functions could be triggered by midi,
such as
Harmony on/off
Keyb. Expression (for Upper 1-3/Lower)
Mic on/off
Talk on/off

This can be done, using the EC5, but I would appreciate, if it could be done via midi.
Regards
Gerd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: