Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Phil Collins Take Me Home Sequence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Phil Collins Take Me Home Sequence Reply with quote

Hello,

I am very new coming to the Korg Kronos from a Kurzweil pc3. I am slowly learning this great machine. I am trying to replicate the drum sequence for Phil Collins take me home. I wasn’t sure if I should just go into regular sequenceing mode or try to use the wave sequencer to achieve this pattern. I still have a TON of learning to do but any help is appreciated thanks!
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would use Seq mode for that. On the first page of the Seq menu, hit the 'preference' button at the bottom of the screen. Then maybe you could set up a 4 or 8-bar measure to record (sorry, I don't know the piece you are trying to work on), set your tempo, and away you go. Hope this helps...
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is very helpful, Thank you so much!!
pete.m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. Once you've recorded your sequence, you may wish to try experimenting with a few things to improve the feel of what you've done.

For example, you might want to experiment with the degree of quantising - if, indeed, you have quantised at all. On the Event edit page, click the button in the top right hand and click on 'quantise' - you'll find your options there.

Another option in that window allows you to edit MIDI events. That one takes you to the record of the events you have recorded, and you may wish to - say - alter the velocity of various notes to your taste.

You might also want to add a few random variations in the pitch of the notes, just to keep it fresh. You do that by overdubbing your recorded sequence (back on the preferences page), and moving the joystick to bend the pitch. You can set the amount of the bend for each track, too. I'm not at my Kronos at the moment, but I think it's on the 'track parameters' page, or similar. You can also tune the drums up or down on that page.

Remember that, if you record pitch bend, and don't like the results, you can 'undo' by simultaneously pressing the 'enter' and 'compare' buttons to the right of the screen, or by going into 'MIDI event edit' and tweaking the rogue bits yourself.
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out:
http://www.purgatorycreek.com/page17/styled/styled-4/page3.html

Forum member burningbusch graciously provided several popular sounds that he programmed for the Kronos. Collins: Take Me Home is included.

Thanks again to Busch for an amazing example of his meticulous work.
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both!!
Tfortexas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweat wrote:
Check this out:
http://www.purgatorycreek.com/page17/styled/styled-4/page3.html

Forum member burningbusch graciously provided several popular sounds that he programmed for the Kronos. Collins: Take Me Home is included.

Thanks again to Busch for an amazing example of his meticulous work.

Amazing find!! Thank you!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: