Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA Manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
Not trying to run the show from my end. I would be happy if everybody interested in owning the software contacted the PA Manager software writers themselves to express an interest then perhaps they may take us seriously as a group.
I do think £80 (with a three pound discount) is a poor offer by them. I'm happy to go with Pax-eterna and Karmathanever although I do think there is room for a higher discount on the £80 offered. I was thinking more on the lines of £70 per license. I don't think that is an unreasonable offer for a piece of editing software.

Has anybody thought of contacting Korg themselves just in case they would assist ? I am more than happy to do that.
Chris
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we are getting bogged down here with this, out of all the members present here it shouldn’t be hard to get at least 10 or maybe 20 who would benefit from getting PA Manager via the route Chris has suggested.

Why not start a sticky thread where people can put their names down and as the list grows it might spur others to add their names.
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys PaManager is an excellent utility with great features that money can buy and IMO the 3-persons license is already a good deal !

chelsea4023 , personally I'm not disturbed by the use of intensive words especially in criticism of commercial products
and Music tastes so this is not valid concerning me , otherwise I could handle in the proper way ...
But this kind of behavior in posting
pax-eterna wrote:
The other stuff in your post is rubbish and is totally unrelated. Blunt enough for you?
begins to matter as a community member unecceptable behavior and "PaX eterna" I remind you kindly for second time
(first was with your behavior against Qui) that you're obliged to behave decently to members of forum and try to be useful
helping other users instead of fooling around Pa4X section with gossip and irritating attitude !
You definately think that you can "steal the show" here with useless and offensive posts but as your avatar says
"because it happened to you, does not make it interesting" after 8 years of absence ...
The fact that users do not react in your insults don't make them the weak links of the chain !
We have received complaints about your behavior so try to comply with the behavior rules of the forum ! Wink
This is a great keyboardists forum and we will not allow trolls or anyone to spoil it ... by the good or the "hard" way !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think pa manager is way more than a simple editor and that the discount on the already discounted price is very very good...
One of the most useful things that it does and gets it out of the "editor" group is that you can make a new set by just copying styles.You don't have to worry if the user sounds will be copied, if they are overlapping another sets sound position or anything.You just copy styles from as many sets as you wish (as long as there is enough memory left) ,save the set ,load it on keyboard and play!
Also on 3.1 version release a few weeks ago they added compression which saves huge amounts of time compared to the time needed to compress on the keyboard itself...
I am a very happy owner and the customer support is very helpful when needed.
Also any small bugs that i happened to find during the almost 1 year i have it are being solved with an update in a very sort time period!!
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chelsea4023
I think mintjamman is correct insofar that this appears to be getting bogged down.
I think that you should take the lead in this project and consider placing a limit of ten persons on a first come first served basis. There will always be difficulties associated with collecting monies (foreign exchange) and distribution and the more persons involved the more problems will occur. It may be considered sensible, therefore,for you to deal with persons on this side of the globe and let
pax-eterna deal with those persons down under.
I also thank you for taking the initiative with this. Having consideration to the owner of this software I am of the view that the reduction being offered is quite acceptable.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I think it would be a good idea for Mintjamman to start a list which we can add our names to. It would then indicate exactly how many of us definitely wish to purchase the software.
Could I please be placed on the list.

Hi Keith, I am still waiting to here from somebody at 'PA Manager' headquarters. As soon as I can engage in conversation with them, I will report back. I doubt that they will respond until Monday.
Chris
p.s. I will also speak to Korg at Milton Keynes on Monday morning.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

Also on 3.1 version release a few weeks ago they added compression which saves huge amounts of time compared to the time needed to compress on the keyboard itself...

I want to input there that it can also compress samples over 15 seconds of duration that Pa4X engine can't at present OS !
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=110688&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=44

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi all,
I think it would be a good idea for Mintjamman to start a list which we can add our names to. It would then indicate exactly how many of us definitely wish to purchase the software.
Could I please be placed on the list.

Hi Keith, I am still waiting to here from somebody at 'PA Manager' headquarters. As soon as I can engage in conversation with them, I will report back. I doubt that they will respond until Monday.
Chris
p.s. I will also speak to Korg at Milton Keynes on Monday morning.

I have got a response even on sunday so i think they ll respond earlier!
Also i doubt korg could be of any help with pa manager software...
As a long time user i can help if you need anything on using pa manager on my spare time..
Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also a user of this software and bought version 3 when it was first released after a long wait to use with my PA4X. I think the purchase price of £125 is reasonable considering the complexity of the software and it's limited potential user base, my only wish is that it would allow 2 installations on different platforms (eg mac/PX) within the single license. I can only use one instance of the software at a time so I see no reason to have to buy an additional license to use on my laptop.
In my case I feel the additional license cost to be not viable for a small convenience but I do feel however that the discounted price for 3 licenses is very reasonable in the case of 3 different users.
It's great software and there is nothing else out there that does all it can do so it was a no brainer for me to buy my single license even considering the caveat mentioned above.
Korg would do well to license this software from the developer and distribute it with every new keyboard, I think everyone may be happy as a result.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I remind you kindly for second time
(first was with your behavior against Qui) that you're obliged to behave decently to members of forum and try to be useful
helping other users instead of fooling around Pa4X section with gossip and irritating attitude !
You definately think that you can "steal the show" here with useless and offensive posts but as your avatar says
"because it happened to you, does not make it interesting" after 8 years of absence ...
The fact that users do not react in your insults don't make them the weak links of the chain !
We have received complaints about your behavior so try to comply with the behavior rules of the forum ! Wink
This is a great keyboardists forum and we will not allow trolls or anyone to spoil it ... by the good or the "hard" way !

Do what you want m8! The examples you refer to are, imo, to the point and direct.....offensive, hardly!...what I wrote was true, the second part of that post was totally irrelevant and therefore rubbish, as in it was wasted comment, not necessary. Just as your comments here are really, well, offensive and insulting!

That peoples sensibilities are in some way "offended" because someone calls them on something, without "sugar-coating" it, is absurd.

I have heard nothing from any moderators and if anything I have done is outside rules or whatever I am sure they would have said something. And I am reasonably sure the more insecure members have already sent messages, going on your comments that complaints have been made.

You keep saying "we" but I do not see your name among the list of moderators??

Further, show me where I have "insulted" anyone??? Wow, if you want insults I can do that in spades. I have certainly called people over irrelevant comments and also disagreed, but insulted anyone, haha, I don't think so.

Seems to me your are writing this to "other" members who have complained to you. Showing you are "doing something". TBH, I think you should have contacted me via PM, but as I said I guess you needed to be "seen" to be doing something.

I attend a LOT of forums and pretty much ALL moderators (if you are indeed a moderator) use this method (PM) to initiate a dialogue and to clear up any misunderstandings. Unless the breach is serious, in that someone is being attacked because of race, religion, politics or such things. Which of course are NOT to be tolerated in any way shape or form.

Surely you have better things to do with your time than worry over these trivialities!

What have I "gossiped" about?? Where did that come from?

Anyway, this is the last I'll comment on this, because unlike you, seemingly, I DO have better things to do with my time!

Last edited by pax-eterna on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
......Why not start a sticky thread where people can put their names down and as the list grows it might spur others to add their names.

Yep, this is pretty much what I was trying to say, or hint at.

Once we get 100% confirmed buyers the owner of the software will see a serious trading opportunity and may even acquiesce to a better deal for us.

Following the reply the app devleoper wrote to me, he ONLY wants to deal with one person on the financial side of things, and that's fair enough. It is why I suggested Pete, as I think everyone trusts him. I don't think we need to separate into a Europe/rest of the world thing, that is counter-productive imo!

So if someone, anyone, can ask the moderators to perhaps create a temporary "sticky" so we can get some serious group leverage to use that would be terrific! Very Happy
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
I have contacted the website that sells the PA Manager software.
I will post any response I get on these Forums.
Chris

Chris, just had a message from the developer, apparently that email was never received? He asks if you could possibly re-send it?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
Seems to me your are writing this to "other" members who have complained to you.
Showing you are "doing something". TBH, I think you should have contacted me via PM, but as I said I guess
you needed to be "seen" to be doing something.

You know "PaX eterna" , I see no substantive comment of yours , either a single helpful post to another forum
member , contrary any of your latest posts are totally meaningless using your awkward signature words of "Ha-ha"
& "M8" , pretending the clever boy / or maybe girl , trying indirectly to offend respectful forum members while
you're not in the slightest position to behave improperly !
Your history in forum started in forum at 2009 as a Pa1X owner and suddenly you came back after 8 years
(like a hacked forum account) into Pa4X section , without updating your gear avatar , as most of users here ,
just fooling around with a trolling and sarcastic attitude !
So beware , be useful and behave decently to members since brutal dudes like me are also members here , that take a
walk boys and girls hidden behind a nick name , at the "wild side" and your short staying in forum will be very unpleasant !!!
from now on , your existence and your posts here will be totally ignored and as I usually say "You're dismissed"...

pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show m8, you don't know as much as think you do...

Do a search on one name and you think you have it all Wink well matey, you are a long way off.

And truly you do need to get a grip! haha's and such things are meant (in current sms and texting etiquette) to mean not a serious comment, or nothing is personal, or indeed it is a "toungue in cheek" comment.

m8, is what we use in Australia as a generic honorific, eg "how are you going m8"

I'd suggest you get a better grasp of English language nuances and such before launching tirades like your last!

I have helped folks on this forum a lot. Just not under this name Wink

PS: I wasn't going to reply any further re this issue, after my last reference to you, but your last post was way WAY beyond anything I have written!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said you're dismissed , let people continue their thread ... Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: