Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Microarranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spectralman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Korg Microarranger Reply with quote

I have just bought one. I am having some difficulty with a few things. I will start with the sounds. I can only find a bank of 10. The bottom all says empty.
It is supposed to have 660 sounds but 10 x 8 is 80. How do I get the other sounds. I also want to split two sounds. Say a synth at the bottom & Organ on top, how do I do that. I have tried following the instructions but I just can't do it. I had a Korg 15 years back & didn't need to look at the instructions at all to do any of these things.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Microarranger Reply with quote

Spectralman wrote:
I have just bought one. I am having some difficulty with a few things. I will start with the sounds. I can only find a bank of 10. The bottom all says empty.

Also microarranger is an sophisticated keyboard full with function of great arrangerkeyboards - so i think it is ok to have some difficulties after starting first.

On my opinion you did not start with sounds but with performances. Performances are overall-settings, organized in 20 banks each one with 8 performances. Upper row of 10 banks is filled with factory-settings, lower row of banks 11-20 is free for user-performances. Also first 10 banks can be overwritten with user-performances.

if you want to find your sounds (called programs) use second row of buttons near on/off, press the button "program" to change selection from "perform." to programs. Now you will see your 660 factory sounds ready to be assigned to upper1/2/3 or lower (or style-tracks) of your keyboard.

Now press "split" (first row of buttons) to select splitting keyboard into left/right - or press "full upper" to layer up to three sounds (upper1,2,3) without splitting.

Now use button upper1 (right from screen) to activate selection for upper1 and select a program (sound) from upper or lower row of program/performance. Do the same with upper2, upper 3 und lower - now you have sound of lower on left keyboard and sounds of upper 1,2,3 on right keyboard. to mute upper3 press both buttons of upper3/acc4; do same with upper2/acc3 to mute also upper2 if you want.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Spectralman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying. I did find the 'programme' that gave me some more sounds, but that was as far as I got. I will go over your instructions tomorrow & will get back afterwards. Again, thanks so much for your help.
Bruno 123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to change the bass and treble going out of the MKA?
John C. 9Bruno123)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: