Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos editing softwares

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Kronos editing softwares Reply with quote

Hello,

Since I've been using Kronos, I'm quite surprised not to find a good third party editing software.
I remember, when I worked on Korg T1 and Wavestation, using very good Steinberg editing softwares. In addition to all the basic specs, they were able to produce random results on whatever parameters we wanted. We could also produce random Programs with blending existing programs, and so on.

The possibilities of these softwares were infinite and exploit the real possibilites of the machines.

So, it's quite incredible, with such a professionnal and powerful machine(Kronos), that no company has developed a powerful software on the same level.
Of course we have the Korg editing software : but sincerily, I don't find it very powerful. It just does the minimum !!
We have also, the free AL-1 editing software which is remarkable.

In fact, I would be ready to give some money for a professionnal editing software.

What is your opinion ?
oliv73

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Liviou

SQUEST /Midiquest could match your requirements (but it cost a lot of money)?
I dont know if this program is stable now ?
Is there any squest users ?

I tried it in the past wth old synths and it was not very user-friendly . However there was a patch generator that was quite interesting

oliv
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely not gonna happen!
and it all eventually boils down to $$$$$$.$$

Software Development for a Beast such as Kronos is a Huge Undertaking for any third party developer especially when its all closed source and not everything is parameterized.

Such a thing could only come from KORG, but it's a big investment with not much in return except some more sales. You can't expect Korg to Charge for a Software Editor without expecting a lot of criticism.

Whilst I would love an editor too, Have to make do with what we got.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am in the minority, but I use the Kronos Editor a lot, and I like it. At first I was disappointed that it was simply developed to look just like the Kronos display, instead of something more robust for each engine or mode, like Chrutil's AL-1 editor. However, I've learned where parameters are, and appreciate it that way now.

Still, I most often do edit's on the K display, but really enjoy using the software editor's library feature of moving programs/combis for organizing.

Yes, there are lots of room for improvement, but amit is correct. It's all about $$$. And supply/demand. I also wonder if we (Kronos Power Users) make up even 1% of all Kronos owners who do more than surf the factory sounds.
Guttalaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the onboard tool and the editor software are enough to edit a patch!

BUT i think also that there is a big hole in the Kronos eco-system and is the lack of an editor-librarian (on board or via a pc/mac software) that - IN THE MOST EASY WAY - let you select single patches from ALL the PCGs you have installed in your Kronos and then do the dirty work of build a new PCG and KSC files that will load ONLY the necessary samples (AND a memory counter while you pick the patches would be apreciated too!!!).

PCG Tools is a GREAT tool... but is aimed only to the factory internal sounds.

To me is CRAZY that Korg sell tons of (pricy!!!) libraries... but you can't have an easy tool to "mix" in a new PCG/KSC file with only the sounds you need to be loaded!
Libraries: EXS102; Exs108; EXS109; EXS091; EXS019; EXS024; EXS049; EXS097; EXS116; EXS122; EXS131; EXS132; EXS133; EXS134; EXS135; EXS138; EXS139; EXS220; KRS071; KRS077; EXS056; EXS063; KRS059; Exs010; Exs011; Exs012; EXS014; EXS016; EXS017; EXS018; KRS01; KRS02; KRS03; KRS04; KRS05; KRS06; KRS06B; KRS07; EXS085; Exs086; KRS085; EXS040; EXS041; EXS042; EXS151; EXS155; EXS191; EXS193; EXS194; EXS067; EXS150; EXS222; EXS223; EXS224; EXS225; EXS226; The Endless Floyd Anthology Rev.B; PF Cover Pack MkII; One Vision Cover Pack; 80s Cover Pack; ToTo Cover Pack; Complete Cover Collection V2; JD8 Project Rev.2; DX Synth Pack.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos editing softwares Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Hello,

Since I've been using Kronos, I'm quite surprised not to find a good third party editing software.
I remember, when I worked on Korg T1 and Wavestation, using very good Steinberg editing softwares. In addition to all the basic specs, they were able to produce random results on whatever parameters we wanted. We could also produce random Programs with blending existing programs, and so on.

The possibilities of these softwares were infinite and exploit the real possibilites of the machines.

So, it's quite incredible, with such a professionnal and powerful machine(Kronos), that no company has developed a powerful software on the same level.
Of course we have the Korg editing software : but sincerily, I don't find it very powerful. It just does the minimum !!
We have also, the free AL-1 editing software which is remarkable.

In fact, I would be ready to give some money for a professionnal editing software.

What is your opinion ?

The Kronos editor in Midi Quest has a collection of features not found in the editor provided by Korg. This includes the new patch creation tools you appear to be looking for. There are 5 different new program creation tools: Morph, Mix, Mix All, Gen 4, and Blend.

You can also randomize any parameter or any group of parameters from within the editor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: