Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound out of computer speakers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverseed71

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Sound out of computer speakers? Reply with quote

I am really new to this MIDI stuff.

I plugged my Microstation into the front USB panel and I am not hearing any thing. Any suggestions?

Also, my old full size keyboard has MIDI out. Can I use that to play through my Microstation? Do I have to do anything special?

Also, I am wanting to record to Magix MusicMaker 16. Do I need to do anything special there also?

EDIT:

I just answered my own question about my other keyboard for the keys and it works Razz

However, am I going to need a MIDI to USB connector? And if so can anyone suggest one that doesn't cost much but doesn't have latency either?

http://www.amazon.com/MIDI-Cable-Converter-Music-Keyboar/dp/B001LJUVO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1330817924&sr=1-1

That one is really cheap (like $3) but I saw one guy complaining about a half second latency, and when recording to MusicMaker that would be a problem.[/url][url][/url]
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read this:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=50987

The USB connection only provides a MIDI connection (over USB), so you don't need a USB to MIDI interface/converter/thing. However MIDI only allows you to send and record ('sequence') information about what notes are played, how hard they are hit, what program numbers are used and which controllers are adjusted, etc.
It won't allow you to record the sound from the microStation to the computer. You can however then use the microStation to control software synths (plugins, vst, etc) on your computer - but you might as well have bought any cheap MIDI controller.

For recording sounds from the microStation that you have to hook up the Audio outputs (Main L/R) to the line inputs of some sound card or audio interface on your computer, and record onto an audio track in your recording software.

Also, USB-MIDI tends not to have any latency - not any noticably anyway. It is usually the sound card that has the latency (for sound coming out of the computer, e.g. when a software synth is controlled by MIDI.
This latency can usually be tweaked (up to the limits of your computer) but also needs really to use a pro audio interface with the correct drivers in order to get latency down to something really usable.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
silverseed71

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! Thanks.
silverseed71

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I got the right cable. New problem.

I have 5.1 surround sound speakers and the volume controller has a place to put in headphones and an input device. I plug it in there and it sounds great, stereo and everything. However, Magix Musicmaker 16 doesn't pick up the sound input. Now, I plug it into the input device on the soundcard itself and I get no sound.
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plugging into the soundcard does nothing, you still need to set up MusicMaker to use the soundcard input...it's not automatic!

I know zero about that program, so check the MusicMaker manual about setting up the audio connections.
hudson46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I was also having the same problem. But I tried the same but it could not help me.
So what can I do now?
https://www.mightyape.co.nz/computers/laptops-and-tablets
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: