Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mini Kaossilator 2 problem with the mic button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick_525

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Mini Kaossilator 2 problem with the mic button Reply with quote

I have a problem with the mic button with my mini Kaossilator 2, the
button are locked at off position and i canot push to on to use the mic.
The push dont move. Someone have a idea to fix ? i am scared to open
myself and check how are the problem inside and try fix alone. May be he
are not broken and only need easy fix ?

Or where can i send it to repair ? somewhere exist a back office where i can
send it to repair ? If yes how much expensive it is ? Price about repair
and how long time to come back ?

What are the best option ? someone have a good idea for me ?

I love the mini Korg Kaossilator 1 and 2, that a wonderfull artistic
instruments (coming back from futur Smile), compact pocket size but genious
big sound, great with my Kaoss pad 1 to give music colors.
mesoboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem with the miniKP2 - there is a small microswitch on the circuit board that turns the mic on and off. It turned out that this switch had detached from the board. I ended up replacing the circuit board (there are two main boards in these devices), which included the touchpanel.

I would open it up to see what is causing the problem. If it's the same as my issue it not too difficult to resolve - it was a bit fiddly but it can be done, and the boards aren't that expensive.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Yea, i think the problem are same than you without mic click when i try push button on, button are locked.

6 screw to remove ? And clip out the old broken board slowly ? I dont need special Tools to fix the new board ? i have to clip out/in the new board ?

I have to change the board at the mic side, who sell that ? where are the shop store for the board ? You have internet adress name ?

Thank you much.
mesoboy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open it up and see if it is the microswitch. Replacing the board can be a bit fiddly because this board includes the touch panel and you need to remove the top face of the touch panel. Reassembling can be a bit tricky as you need to make sure the display goes back straight. There's no soldering etc. its just a matter of getting everything in the right place and closing the casing without everything moving!

For the part I used the UK spare parts service - you'll find details here: http://www.korg.com/uk/support/contact/
Nick_525

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea thx, i have open it up and the microswitch seem broken and get out, i i had try to fix him with super glue, but still not good, i goin to find korg reseller in France before try in England i seen something for my native language i goin try first.

Yea, i feel good to try change all the top card with the microswitch inside, With my preview i feel ok to try install the new part and hope the mic goin back again.

I need the kaossilator mic because that very nice to work with voice inside the music (voice in overall music attract much people than without voice) and use some kaosspad 1 chanels like a vocoder. Without mic inside ready to use i have to install separatly line mic with 1 cable much and my own are cardioid for acoustic with a width cap and i think the kaossilator 2 are stillcardio but with the small cap for sound much near the mic than a witdth cap. The separtatly big mic have may be less larsen but take much unwanted back sound.

I have buy kaossilator 2 in second hand in Canada and live in Swiss near France but i have buy my first kaossilator 1 in France and kasspad 1 in Swiss, music hardware travel around te world before i play same lol backloop wave lol.
Nick_525

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg France (la boite du musicien) are not cool, they dont work with korg user ! they work only with resseller and shop, i had wait 1 week and send 2 messages to have this answer. I goin try swiss helpline but they seem to be in germany not in switzerland, not easy contact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: