Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I want to buy "New KRONOS Sound Pack" - secondhand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3moon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: I want to buy "New KRONOS Sound Pack" - secondhand Reply with quote

I want to buy "New KRONOS Sound Pack" - not new one:D second hand Wink

and the question is: is there smb who purchased this pack and need to sell the synth without any extra (sell it separately). Is it real and how this process of reauthorisation is look like. thank 4 ur help! peace!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think of it as ' software '

typically, you cannot legally buy used software. The license holder has all kinds of controls and rights of distribution.

And this is software that has to be downloaded. more controls, etc.

to prevent software privacy. You will not find any other site that can legally
offer it to you.

No harm in asking. You didn't state it but you are thinking 'used ' since you expect it to be cheaper.

The current and time limited 33% off, is going to be the best deal.
3moon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

typically, you cannot legally buy used software. The license holder has all kinds of controls and rights of distribution.

offer it to you.

No harm in asking. You didn't state it but you are thinking 'used ' since you expect it to be cheaper.

thank for ur reply! ('Wink')

it is a pity, cause i suppose, that when i buy this software
and get own unique key - i become owner of this product and if i would no need in this good - i can write to korg support to reauthorised it to another kronos owner.

now i understand : in example - if i buy for myself extra kronos x88 - i need to buy this PACK again?('Shocked')

Bravo, Korg marketing director ('Twisted Evil')- you r so good ))) by the way i understood this thing, when i bought exb-smpl card for my m3-expanded Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3moon wrote:
GregC wrote:

offer it to you.

thank for ur reply! ('Wink')

it is a pity, cause i suppose, that when i buy this software
and get own unique key - i become owner of this product and if i would no need in this good - i can write to korg support to reauthorised it to another kronos owner.

now i understand : in example - if i buy for myself extra kronos x88 - i need to buy this PACK again?('Shocked')

:

I am not very clear about your post.

Try the Sound Pack in demo mode. The Berlin is the most important instrument
to check out. If you don't care for it, the ' New Sound Pack ' might not be worth the $

Yes, the sample Lib stays with your Kronos. You can't copy it around or give it to your friend, etc, etc.

I am not much for complaining about this strict licensing. I simply do not buy a sample lib unless its absolutely great. I don't view it as a casual purchase.

If you are concerned about ever having a 2nd Kronos, and the sample lib is a key , you have to factor in the addition purchase.

Don't expect any significant changes in the Korg policy. Its been + 6 years.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Do you have a reference for that? That's certainly not my understanding and raises all sorts of dilemmas.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
GregC wrote:

Do you have a reference for that? That's certainly not my understanding and raises all sorts of dilemmas.

Sure, reference software products by Microsoft. Any large software co has this standard of restricting purchases to new and authorized .
Even some new game software like Electrons Arts Sims has standard controls in it.

The cos have invested several millions in keys and controls and registration to support this.

Why ? Obvious reasons. Plus the large software cos will not provide product support for a used product since they did not make that particular sales.

I don't know about your country for software licensing standards. In the US, and Europe and Canada, I think the standards are similar.

I can't speak to the under the radar type sale of used software. That happens on our Craigs list all the time. But when the buyer attemts to register the used software ( to access it or the features) he could find all the locked doors.

Even our largest marketplace venue, Amazon, restricts the used sale of most big co software. Same reasons- they support the established legal rights of the license holder.

If your context is used video games, like PS2, Xbox, etc, that is still mostly fair game on the used market. There are occasional restrictions but the control stuff is not as wide. Some key codes cannot be used twice, for example. But some can.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe enable something like iLok or password to allow you to temporarily authorize purchased libraries on a borrowed/rented Kronos. Without the dongle or password, other users would only have access to the demo mode.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the software laws are the same in Australia as the US, Canada and Europe,

however I think the debate here is because there are instances where licences for software can be transferred to a new owner with the permission of the software vendor.
I know of at least a couple of instances with virtual synth software, where the company FAQ states that it is possible to transfer the licence if you sell the software, by contacting the them.
That said, the majority of software companies, especially the larger ones, from what I understand, are not so benevolent.

[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: