Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chain Play Sequences in Song List Mode
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryAsaph wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on the chain play workaround. Unfortunately, it turns out that the Kronos is WAY worse in this area than I had imagined. There is NO automation available.

Greg, as I feared, you need two foot pedals to make things work (song advance & song start/stop). The Kronos foot switch input can be programed to do one or the other. Unfortunately, the foot pedal input does not allow you to program either of those commands so you're still stuck right next to the keyboard to press advance or start/stop by hand - very inconvenient if you're trying to play guitar from a distance at the same time.

Go over to Global/mid

There are some check boxes for " Start Stop Out "

I am not sure what they do but its worth a try for SEQ and the pedal
GaryAsaph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I don't actually do very much actual sequence recording on any of my workstations. I used to work on MasterTracks Pro (Mac sequencing program) back in the day until they went out of business and I upgraded computers. I eventually moved to ProTools and though there was a steep learning curve I'm pretty proficient with the sequencing portion of that DAW now.

So most of my keyboards are really sound modules but what makes the workstation concept ideal for what I do in church is that I can have up to a full band backing me yet only have to bring one keyboard to run everything from. Then if I have more musicians on a given Sunday, I just mute the tracks I don't need (i.e. mute the guitar & piano tracks cause I've got warm bodies to play them, but let the workstation provide drums, bass, organ, strings, etc.)

So, my main use for the SEQ is to download finished songs from my DAW and use the workstation to playback live.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryAsaph wrote:
Pete,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to experiment. I'm concerned that it's going to be a ton of work because some of my sequenced songs have 8 or more tracks.

I'm just baffled that the set list function doesn't provide a simple way to do this.

That's not quite true: you can completely change the effect settings and assignments halfway through a song...

Sorry I can't help with the rest of your question though. I guess adjusting your workflow is inevitable when shifting to an entirely new instrument unfortunately.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: