Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x sample engine demo with sampled vst sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Pa4x sample engine demo with sampled vst sounds Reply with quote

This is a short ambient improvisation to show a simple example of the Pa4x Sample engine. The improvisation is called: Clouds in the Sky.

With a program called SampleRobot i sampled a couple of VST Pad sounds and added that to the Pa4x and created sounds and a keyboard set based on those samples.

espaceV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi QuiRobinez

Still a beautiful sound presentation showing the almost unlimited possibilities of Pa4x. Thank you

I had taken the time to watch the YT clips and you indirectly motivated me to buy this Pa4x
According to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7PVSx5WrM
you mention that the sound of the piano is generated by the system. It is so well done that it rivals the competition. Clearly this Pa4x is more than just an arranger keyboard, but well and truly hidden synthesizer ...

Can I afford a question?
Can we divert the sounds from the Drawbar through the many effects?
That is to say take the feet (16 '8', 5 1/3 '...) "dry" and pass through the various integrated effects? On the Tyros I can do it but not on the Pa4?
My idea would be ... to imitate the "euroOrgan" present on the Yam, which in fact are very badly done ... (I worked at Wersi ... a long, long....long time ago) Laughing
In wersi, what made the character is an attempt to imitate the Hammond principle, to divert through their "WersiVoice" which was not successful but gave his character "Heiios" very typical ... which made their success (well, ... Lambert and Wunderlich especially had their share of contribution) Plus their technique played well typical (harmony)

Finally all my congratulations.
François
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is excellent! Great sound!

I have Omnisphere 2 and I'd love to bring some pads and beats into my PA4x.

I just sent a question to Spectrasonics asking about the legal issues. I am guessing that if I don't sell the samples and patches but just use them in my own performances I should be fine. But I will see what they say.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espaceV wrote:
Hi QuiRobinez
[u]
According to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7PVSx5WrM
you mention that the sound of the piano is generated by the system. It is so well done that it rivals the competition. Clearly this Pa4x is more than just an arranger keyboard, but well and truly hidden synthesizer ...

yes, in that video there are no custom samples used, all sounds are programmed in the synth engine with the Rom library samples from the Pa4x

espaceV wrote:
Hi QuiRobinez
C[i]an I afford a question?
Can we divert the sounds from the Drawbar through the many effects?
That is to say take the feet (16 '8', 5 1/3 '...) "dry" and pass through the various integrated effects? On the Tyros I can do it but not on the Pa4?
My idea would be ... to imitate the "euroOrgan" present on the Yam, which in fact are very badly done ... (I worked at Wersi ... a long, long....long time ago)

If i understand you correctly you want the drawbar through various effects. That's no problem at all. You can do this in a keyboard set.

Let's say you want a classic phaser sound on the drawbar sound, here's how to do it:

- select a style: for instance 70's guitar pop (the first one on an pa4x international)
- at the right site on the touch screen you see the three sounds of your keyboard set , upper sounds
- press the wurly amp / comp sound sound (upper 1) and replace it for the Organ category - first preset called DRAWBAR

Now you have a default drawbar organ on the upper 1 in your keyboard set, lets change the default effect to a phaser effect

- press the menu button
- press the mixer / tuning button on the touch screen
- press the insert fx tab on the touch screen
- at the right site you see the upper one insert fx set to ON called MOD
- press the MOD button
- now select the MOD CLASSIC PHASER effect
- hear how the drawbar sound now goes through that phaser effect, change the phaser effect to you liking.
- press the exit tab

Now you have added an insert effect (you can select any of the effects to that you like) to the drawbar organ sound

- Now Press the FX Send tab, there you can set the send levels of your keyboard General Effect settings (like delays, reverbs, etc.) (in the menu button there is a master effect settings where you can select and modify the master effect settings), but in most cases those are reverbs and delays.

When you are done you can save your keyboard set to your own user library.

Now part two of your question.

If you would like to only have parts of the drawbar through the effect system you can do this too.

- press the sound button
- select - ORGAN Category - Drawbar
- set the faders to your liking for the Feet Organ sounds feet (16 '8', 5 1/3 '...)
- Save the sound as your own user sound with a name that you like : for instance Organ Feet
- Then set the faders to your liking for the Non Feet sounds and save that one too as a user sound (for instance Organ Non Feet

- then go to the style again
- select your custom keyboard set that you saved earlier
- for upper 1 select the Organ Non Feet sound
- for upper 2 select the Organ Feet Sound
- activate both sounds by pressing the upper 1 and upper 2 buttons to on
- Set the keyboard zones for both sounds (it doesn't make sense to have the Organ Feet sound in the right hand keyboard zone range
- then set the insert FX for Upper 2 to OFF
- set the Send FX for upper 2 to 0

Now you have created a keyboard set where the Feet organ sounds goes dry through the system and and Non Feet Organ goes through an insert effect of your choice and through the master effect section.

Off course you can do the same with just one sound, in that case select the same organ sound for upper one and upper two and follow the same procedure as above (set the insert and send fx for upper 2 to off and set the keyboard zones for upper one and upper two). This way you will have the same sound but one part dry and one part wet. But the other example with different kind of sounds is also really nice to try. Experimenting with this is fun !

My guess is that the above sounds more complicated then it actually is. It's a rather easy procedure once you understand the concept of the effect system and the keyboard zones which determines which keys can be used for a sound.
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectrasonics got back to me and said it's perfectly okay to sample omnisphere sounds and put them in your pa4x as long as you're not going to sell that to somebody.

As long you use it in your own performances, or in your own personal recordings that you make, that's fine.

So I am going to see if I can get some of those great rich detail omnisphere sounds in there to be used as some pads

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minneapolis Musician wrote:
Spectrasonics got back to me and said it's perfectly okay to sample omnisphere sounds and put them in your pa4x as long as you're not going to sell that to somebody.

As long you use it in your own performances, or in your own personal recordings that you make, that's fine.

So I am going to see if I can get some of those great rich detail omnisphere sounds in there to be used as some pads

that's a good idea, this pad was also created in omnisphere 2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: