Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Integra-7 App Editor & iOS 11 ....???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
D575 wrote:
Update....after getting intouch with Roland they responded as followed .... (Quote): Roland Japan are currently working on new versions of all our Roland Apps for iOS11 compatibility and should be ready within a few weeks for the time being you could use the OSX/Windows editor to achieve the same results.

Thats good to know...

Still stays a sad thing that they weren't ready in time for release...
Yes I agree something of a oversite from roland...i was told this was my fault for not checking cosidering the inconvenience when having to reset my iPad and of course in principle this is correct and for the purpose of diplomacy I left out the tone that came back from roland over my observations on this matter ...but moving fwd i welcome the forthcoming update Confused
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.roland.com/global/products/integra-7_editor/
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's officially been discontinued? What a shame. That's a dumb move by Roland. As for Apple dropping all 32bit support, lol.... I'd expect no better from them. Soon they will drop support for certain letters of the Alphabet and just tell users they are using it wrong.

Crying shame. The Intergra 7 is such a great product. I won't be upgrading my iPad again either so long as I have my Integra 7.

Regards
Sharp.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
So it's officially been discontinued? What a shame. That's a dumb move by Roland. As for Apple dropping all 32bit support, lol.... I'd expect no better from them. Soon they will drop support for certain letters of the Alphabet and just tell users they are using it wrong.

Crying shame. The Intergra 7 is such a great product. I won't be upgrading my iPad again either so long as I have my Integra 7.

Regards
Sharp.
Yes I find this bizarre Roland have taken this route with the Integra 7 App... but I do also understand Roland are not the company they once where and some drastic changes have been required to survive.. but surely a rational explanation from Roland would help all concerned?...but I guess intellect and logic cost money these days! ...as for Apple...well I'm rolling my eyes thinking about how they work... and i am laughing at "dropping certain letters from the Alphabet" comment sharp.. that is hilarious and I will be passing this little one liner to my friend who is all ways looking for new material when performing at the Apollo....Sorry Apple you do ask for it sometimes perhaps something to consider (I don't think Apple are listening lol).
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The time for 32bit in professional audio contexts is completely over since quite a while now.

If Roland refuses to offer the Integra app in 64-bit, that decision is just as retarded and moronic, as Korgs refusal to offer a well working 64bit VST plugin for the Kronos.

Apple makes other utterly idiotic decisions (like smartphones without earphones output), but leaving 32bit completely behind certainly does not belong to them.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: grrrr late to the party on roland I7 Reply with quote

grrrr late to the party on roland I7

back up your pads asap!!
there is a way to save the subscriptions...

so has someone come up with a way to hack the I7 ipad editor???

I am surprised with all the talent out there...
that some one has not picked up the slack...

Rolling Eyes
Idea
so as production and live users do we need to start our own biz???
synth users ???
and make it a community thing were all products are forever
supported....
and every thing is legacy!!
a collection of folks together making products...
a real concept for sure...

maybe apple needs competition.....
or a smack on the back of the head at least!!
GRIN!!
we need an open source version of the Ipad!!
with life time support!!
I would buy 4 of them today!!
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Owning one iPad is bad enough, I certainly wouldn't like to own a second one. I don't find apple iOS products any good at all compaired to Android. Apple also treats their users like Apple still owns the product you bought from them. On Android I can do what I wan't, not what Apple only allows me to do. For me, it's a necessary evil to own an iPad as I need to use 4 apps that are not on android.

One of which now doesn't work since they dropped 32bit support, so now it's time to downgrade because there's no point in waiting for Roland.

Cheers
Sharp.

I don't think that's really a fair comparison. You don't buy a phone that runs Android - you buy a phone that runs on operating system based on android, and that operating system might have any number of constraints on what you can do with it, load etc.

Yes, Android is generally more open, but there is no guarantee given a specific device.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: ipad pro what os version can it go back to?? Reply with quote

ipad pro what os version can it go back to??
will it work on os10?

I see the pro ipads have finally come down in price on e-bay...
it would be nice to have a pro to do the integra 7
edit stuff on a larger screen...

glad to hear roland is working on it...
so much is menu buried in the integra7...
the pad editor is a must for me..

hey question can you use 4 pads and 4 integra 7 units
at the same time??
I have not tried that yet to see if you get a choice of unit to control
through the wifi...
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should "work" on 10, I have it running on 9 on an iPad pro.

To be honest though the app is pretty shite, I have tried it on quite a few iPads and two different adapters for the integra and it constantly looses connection.

I gave up and used the computer instead.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: hummm bob what is dropping out? Reply with quote

hummm bob what is dropping out?
do you have something else interfering with the signal??

the one unit I have as wireless to the ipad works flawless so far...
but then again the wireless adaptor is the real deal... for the i7
that is...

and they are only maybe 2 feet apart and the router is close too.
and the studio rooms are faraday caged for low noise...

maybe a computer or light is making some interference rf hash...???

break out the old school test gear...
a cheap transistor radio tuned to the low end of the dial
will sniff out some of the trash hash...
if it is on the ac side;
you might try filters on the power cords...
they are cheap for the clamp over magnetic ones..
or filtered supply buss like they use for live events..

let us know if the radio picks up some trash signal.
oh yea the cheap wall warts have low cost switching supply's in them now!!
same for the laptop computers..
they just scream hash!!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad the loss of support for the app but shows exactly why I have never bought an instrument based solely on its apps or software. Kronos it would be nice but don't need it to operate witht he mac same goes for the minilogue or Karp. I use apple and know all to well not to rely on any apps to keep working forever.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: as a pc guy Reply with quote

as a pc guy
I should to have expected this... yes I have several I pads now...
I thought apple had grown up and grew a pair and stopped playing the upgrade game...
I was wrong!
glad I did not get an iPhone yet!! Rolling Eyes
I like my tech toys to work for over 20 years...
the battery buried inside apple is a pain...
I think after this I am back to big pc stuff...
jbeliz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys like the Roland Integra i was thinking about purchasing one, i liked the fact i was able to use my ipad to control it then read this thread that it's no longer working, overall is it still worth it to get it, also soundwise what do you think, thanks.
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: the I 7 is worth it! Reply with quote

the I 7 is worth it!
now that they have come down in price.
I bought one when they first came out...
pricy then, but lower than buying the old stuff and adding all the
cards!!

still learning stuff on it 4+ years later...
I thought it was worth it for the super saw...
and the piano's are pretty good...

yes I would spend the bucks to get the matching roland controllers
that have the supernatural pre patched..

I have the A88 key and 2 of the A49 key..
and then an a800 61 key that is not pre patched...

and then use a breath controller for the winds and brass.

go over to you tube and slip on your studio head phones
and listen to the i7 stuff on there...
that is what sold me...
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Integra7
chucks guys over there have the deals on them...
jbeliz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i might just need to get me one then, sounds good from how you explained it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: