Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos & Triple Pedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Kronos & Triple Pedal Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I have been trawling thru the forum looking for a straight answer to this but so far I am none the wiser. So please excuse me opening up a new thread!

My question simply:-

Which triple pedal does Korg recommend for the Kronos?

The manual I have suggests a PU 1 which appears to be a cheap switch. The only triple pedal on the Korg site is the PU2 which seems to have an unusual connector cable for Korg pianos. I would be happy to do a mod if I knew how the wiring was set up.

Or should I go for a third party pedal like the Studiologic VFP-3-10 which has a regular mono jack and a TRS jack (possibly working with the Kronos 2 sockets.)

Any assistance/guidance would be most appreciated.

Regards

Jeff
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Woomgoog.

Sure I understand all that. In the absence of a dedicated Korg Triple pedal I'm quite happy to use something else, but I really need to know how to wire it up.
i.e. Two sockets on the Kronos. 3 pedals. ???? Sustain - Sostenuto and Soft - (I'm really interested in the sostenuto for Impressionist stuff like Debussy etc.) For instance would it require a resistor in the circuit?

Regards

Jeff
Kronos 88 v3.1.3-Upgraded & Maxed out to 3gb. Nord Stage 2 88HD. Roland Jupiter 80. Waldorf Blofeld Keys. Korg TR. Yamaha S80. Yamaha DX7 special edition. PC-Windows 10 64bit 16gig Ram. M Audio Delta 1010lt. Cubase Pro 10. Sibelius Ultimate, NI Komplete Ultimate 11. Trillion. Lounge Lizard. Wavelab.
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Woomgoog

Interesting that the chap in the link attempts to use the 'pedal' socket which I use for an 'Expression' continuous controller. This leaves only two sockets for the 'momentary' switches.

Unless anybody else on this forum has any other ideas it's gonna be a trial & error scenario.

Incidentally I use Yamaha FC7s & 9's as 'continuous' and FC4s as sustains. The NORD triple pedal doesn't work with Kronos (well the damper does) but that has a circuit board to do it's job with my NORD board.

The FC4 works with both 'Damper' & 'Switch' options but I think there is some other way of producing the 'Sostenuto' effect. Maybe I should be looking at doing this via MIDI.

At the end of the day it's no big deal - I can work with what I have. I do find it curious that even KORG don't seem to support their own product though!

Best wishes

Jeff
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I found is a PS1 which is a little square footswitch! They're useless 'cause they won't stay where they're put, so you have to waste time looking to see where they've travelled to!! Lol !
jeffjazzwraight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, the sort of thing I used to do, but at 63 I'm now all for the easy life - I'd prefer to buy something ready to go out of the box!!

BW

J
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this pedal form Korg. I'm not sure but I don't think it will work on a Kronos but it certainly would be nice if it did.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/accessories/pu_2/
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As supplied, the PU-2 will not work directly with the Kronos. It would almost certainly work, to a degree, after some modification, but "soft" and "sostenuto" would be mutually exclusive, unless some sort of MIDI converter were fitted/connected to the pedal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: