Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Pitch with SW1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zora34

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos Pitch with SW1 Reply with quote

Hey, first excuse my bad english. I have the Kronos x. I`m searching for this attitude: I will use the SW1 to pitch one (ore more) octaves automatically down or up. It is possible, because I heare some factory-sounds on the Kronos that make this true.
I think, it is only possible in the programms and not in the combinatios. Is it true?
I try to programm some of my favorite sounds on this way, but it doesn`t work. I made fotos from all screens and I tried to copy it, it doesn`t worf. Which mistake I made?
I hope someone can help me.
Manny greatings
Zora
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basics/vector tab page has a sub page under the tab "controllers".
You can assign SW1 or SW2 to octave up or octave down.
Also to JS lock for pitch bend lock into the pitch it was bent to. It holds there even after releasing JS.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use JS lock, you can set bend range in combi or sequencer.
The setting is in timbre or track parameters under the "pitch" tab. You will have a row for bend range of each timbre. I think it covers up -24 cents up to +24 cents increment range.
HD-1 program and maybe other synth engine programs will have a "osc pitch" page with JSx or JSy settings to offer. So it will be possible to set pitch bend range in some programs.
Zora34

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: thank you very much! Perhaps it`s my bad english, excuse me. I want this: When i push the Button SW1, the tone should run slowly one(ore more) octaves down/or up. Not immediately. On my Kronos X is for example on the place U-A 003 the programm-sound "The changeling" . But I would have it in to one of my sounds.
To make it possible with combisounds: that would be great!
I hope you can understand this. It is difficult for me to explain ist. I`m german.
manny greetings
zora
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The slowly part seems to be AMS at work. That means it could be LFO, pitch EG, step sequencer or whatever.
I looked and got lost trying to work in AMS while also having pitch bend controlled by SW 1 or 2 and without global settings used to link them.

And by the time I started to look at the possibilities with karma and VJS involved, I decided it is not easy for me to figure out what is going on to make it work as you describe.
I would have to sit a while with a preset and dissect it for the setup it uses. I am not sure when I will make time for that.

I hope you figure it out and let us know the answer here.
Zora34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sit there manny days and hours. I cannot find ist. It ist possible to ask someone on the korg-Homepage? I don`t know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: