Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Ipad App for use with Pa4x - Forscore/Songbook +/Other?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snoopy and 400nvd, thanks for sharing your thoughts and insights. I will have a look at the Onsong software that you mentioned and will also look at the Yamaha Bluetooth connector too.

Thank you both for the info. It's much appreciated. .
Best wishes,
Jon
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonyblues wrote:
Thanks Dimitris and Pa4x_user, for your input/advice.

It's good to hear that you've both been using Songbook + without any issues for quite a while.

And yes, from what I can see, the midi implementation/functionality definitely seems to be one of the strongest of all of the similar apps and the whole app seems to be based around good connectivity/interactivity with arranger kbds.

Out of interest, which interface do you guys use and/or recommend to connect the iPad to your Korg kbd (am particularly interested if you've found connectivity with the interface to be stable (i.e. no crashes) and if it uses USB or midi connections on the kbd)?

FYI, I'm planning to use a 12.9 inch iPad pro once it arrives (it's currently on back order), so it would be great if the interface powered it too (I read somewhere that some interfaces can't power the pro series iPads).

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Jon,

I am using an iPad Pro 12,9 inch with my PA4X wireless with an mi.1 Bluetooth MIDI adaptor. It works perfect!!

Regards,
Dimitris
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dimitris, Thanks for letting me know about the Mi.1 (and that it works well with your 12.9" iPad Pro setup). I've just had a quick look at some of the online reviews for the adapter and they seem pretty positive, so I'll definitely add it to my shortlist.

Best wishes,
Jon
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep another +1 for the yammie device - I use one too, and with the iPad pro - no dramas with it of the keyboards using it.
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Miden, that's good to know.

Best wishes,
Jon
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonyblues wrote:
Hi Dimitris, Thanks for letting me know about the Mi.1 (and that it works well with your 12.9" iPad Pro setup). I've just had a quick look at some of the online reviews for the adapter and they seem pretty positive, so I'll definitely add it to my shortlist.

Best wishes,
Jon

I have two mi.1 adapters since the first day they came out and work without any problems with PA3X and PA4X songbook. Yamaha’s bluetooth adapters are a little “long” I think!

Regards,
Dimitris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: