Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with audio looping on Kross 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telstar5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Issue with audio looping on Kross 2 Reply with quote

Issue with Kross 2: I just copied this from the Facebook “Kross Share” page.

Hola! Do you guys know how to report bugs and enhancement requests to the Korg KROSS2 operating system software development team? I have the 3 following ones, with steps to reproduce, which I've been trying to communicate to them. (I do not know if these were problems on the KROSS1.)

BUG KROSS2 Software: Audio Recorder LOOP introduces audio glitch & delay
- First version of KROSS 2 operating system software.
- Try it out - create an audio with a loop.
- Play back song with loop.
- With every loop back, there is an audio glitch (audible unwanted sound) and a delay (close to 1 second).
- This is a very unperfect loop for the 2 issues, which makes that this feature is not usable for any serious music! Sad
- And I need it!

BUG KROSS2 Software: Audio Recorder playback does not stop automatically at end of song
- Steps:
- Record an audio song, and stop recording.
- Say the recorded song lasts 30 seconds.
- Do NOT involve "Loop".
- Play back the audio song and it will play till the end of time, even if there is no Loop, and even if the recording lasted only 30 seconds.
- The only way to stop the song is manually - which is a diversion and annoyance while playing, even if not difficult to do.
- Expected behavior: Recording has a start and an end. If Loop is not used, then the audio playback should STOP AUTOMATICALLY at the end of the song, without the user of the keyboard having to stop it manually. (Of course, if Loop is used, then it should run endlessly and be stopped manually - that does work as expected.)

Enhancement KROSS2 Software: ability to micro-control audio song Start/Stop and Loops
- The level of playback control for audio songs is not sufficient - in particular when we record an external source (say, from an MP3) and want to select a precise snippet of it to play during a performance)
- There is only support to specify start and stop of a Loop at the granularity accuracy of "within one second" (as per page 105 - bottom left - of the english PDF user guide). This granularity is too coarse, not fine-tunable sufficiently to realize good songs with loops that can align with accurate wanted audio patterns.
- On the other end, the Pad Sampler offers great micro-control where you can micro control the start and end of the sample for play-back even though more than that audio interval was actually recorded.
- See attached the Pad Sampler audio interval micro control, with start and stop set on the audio wave.
- We need the SAME level of audio interval micro control for -
Audio songs as there is for the Pad Sampler, please.
FOLLOWING IMAGE is the Pad Sampler's control which I'd want for the Audio song Start/Stop and Loops:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: