Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uncommanded Note Playing In Combi - SOLVED?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Uncommanded Note Playing In Combi - SOLVED? Reply with quote

I have just created a new Combi using four tracks. Sometimes there is a note, or a high pitch squeal that will play continuously without any keys being touched. I have not had any problems with other Combis. Nothing is hooked to the K2 other than my sustain pedal. The problem occurs with the sustain pedal NOT plugged in also. I’m just using headphones. I have discovered that if I toggle up, or down one patch with the up/down buttons above the value slider, and return to the original Combi, the note will stop playing and everything sounds normal again. I have turned off all of the ‘play’ buttons on all the tracks not being used in the Combi. I have not had a stuck note since, maybe that is just coincidence.

Two years ago I had some stuck sounds, but after upgrading the OS and firmware all has been good.
Any ideas?

Last edited by Falcon2e on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apogees guys, I wasn’t completely clear on my original post. In addition to the previous info, the note is not always playing, this is an intermittent issue.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
My apogees guys, I wasn’t completely clear on my original post. In addition to the previous info, the note is not always playing, this is an intermittent issue.

use SOLO to isolate what midi track the noise is on

from there, re-assign FX. Sometimes a heavy FX, like distortion could amplify an intermittent noise.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Greg, I'll give that a try next time the issue returns.
tomto66

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue Karma setting? Do you have Karma modules running?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomto66 wrote:
Rogue Karma setting? Do you have Karma modules running?

Nope, no Karma running. I will report back to everyone what happens next. Thanks
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parameter guide actually mentions this and says if it happens, toggling back or forward will stop the hung note . It is a known quirk and at the synth engine level.
There may be more details about it in the parameter guide that I missed but I definitely remember the issue mentioned like no big deal and steps to recover from it.
Maybe in the trouble shooting section.

I had the issue once during my first month with kronos. It was a particular synth engine sound and during a particular setting I have since forgotten. The issue repeated every time I did the same thing, so I stopped and have never had it again and probably because I never went back to that sound because I never really liked it.

Today i had a program change messages running automatically from kronos to my external device every few measures until I scrolled the external device dial. I think auto midi between both devices while moving through setlist combi"s that did not have disable program change setting.
All is holding together on my kronos so far.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
The parameter guide actually mentions this and says if it happens, toggling back or forward will stop the hung note . It is a known quirk and at the synth engine level.
There may be more details about it in the parameter guide that I missed but I definitely remember the issue mentioned like no big deal and steps to recover from it.

I had the issue once during my first month with kronos. It was a particular synth engine sound and during a particular setting I have since forgotten. The issue repeated every time I did the same thing, so I stopped and have never had it again and probably because I never went back to that sound because I never really liked it.

Today i had a program change messages running automatically from kronos to my external device every few measures until I scrolled the external device dial. I think auto midi between both devices while moving through setlist combi"s that did not have disable program change setting.

Yes, I found the 'stuck note' info on p. 1138. Doesn't really offer a lot of help.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
19naia wrote:

Yes, I found the 'stuck note' info on p. 1138. Doesn't really offer a lot of help.

Seems odd they just mention it and not much help. Like a softer way of saying "it happens so get over it cause that's just the way it is"
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK gang, here’s the good news. Since my initial post and after setting all of the ‘play’ buttons in the unused tracks to off, I have had zero faults. I’ve been playing the problem Combi most of the day and think I would have had a hung note by now. Also, I have the slider control button in the top/up position. Maybe the slider was getting moved and triggered the hung note. These are the only things I’ve changed.

Thanks for your input. I’ll let you know if anything changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: