Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Sample "step mode" step mute issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fotizimo1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Volca Sample "step mode" step mute issue Reply with quote

Hey there,

I was putting together a sequence, and I seem to have done something which I can't reverse, and google doesn't seem to be helping find a fix.

I have a sequence with all 10 parts in use. Somehow, for part 9, when I edit in "step mode", there are only a few steps which actually produce sound. When in "step mode" I can activate every step across the 16 steps, but only three of the steps actually produce sound. If I go out of "step mode" and press play, I can press part 9 at any time and hear audio. I have made sure the "active step" and "step jump" are clear and how no settings, but for some reason, "step mode" seems to have some muted steps. I have powered the device off and back on, and the issue persists. I imagine this is one of those things where a proper manual would describe what I have done, but I have RTFM and do not see how it is possible to mute steps in "step mode" but can still play that part at any other time when not editing in "step mode"

So it seems I have somehow activated a "step mode" step mute function in which while editing in "step mode" I cannot select any step, only a few of them. I was wondering if anyone here has come across this issue and figured it out.
jeftones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds 9 and 10 on the volca sample "choke" each other. basically whatever sound you have assigned to 9 and 10 cannot play on the same step at the same time. its helpful for simulating open/close high hats. could you check if maybe this is causing the issue?
hanzde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i think the isue is the volca sample have eight voices and then u use all 10
parts at the same time and the same steps in differend parts are aktive they get muted because it had no 10 voices
Bajatul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same problem with my volca sample .. usualy in p9 only some note play ...
mesoboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 and 10 choke each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: