Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA Manager List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
for instance I have Midiquest 11 and at
£192 some will say it’s too expensive, but it handles over 640 instruments and devices where as Alex’s PA Manager handles only one at £125.00

Misleading information!
Midiquest 11 is not supporting Styles, Pads, Performers, not creating DK sets or Sounds for Korg Pa series !!
https://www.squest.com/Products/MidiQuest11/Instruments.html
Like it or not currently only Korg Pa Manager doing this. Wink

BTW, everything what KPM do, you can do directly on Pa4x, you don't need this software, ...some people already understand they don't need it that many feature, for some users £125 is to much...... you don't buying expensive sport car, if you not planning used for speed.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
mintjamman wrote:
for instance I have Midiquest 11 and at
£192 some will say it’s too expensive, but it handles over 640 instruments and devices where as Alex’s PA Manager handles only one at £125.00

Misleading information!
Midiquest 11 is not supporting Styles, Pads, Performers, not creating DK sets or Sounds for Korg Pa series !!
https://www.squest.com/Products/MidiQuest11/Instruments.html
Like it or not currently only Korg Pa Manager doing this. Wink

BTW, everything what KPM do, you can do directly on Pa4x, you don't need this software, ...some people already understand they don't need it that many feature, for some users £125 is to much...... you don't buying expensive sport car, if you not planning used for speed.

Nemik you have missed the point I was making, Firstly I never said or intimated that Midiquest 11 addressed the Korg PA4x, Furthermore I did not say or intimate that Midiquest was able to handle styles, Keysets or samples.
Indeed the comparison I was trying to make was that in terms of coding & development Midiquest handles over 640 various instruments made by many manufacturers and the development cost and coding and R&D is in all probability way in excess of PA Manager, hence the financial question of value.

How this is misleading information I fail to see and with respect it might be wise to refrain from making such rash statements. Also you underestimate readers of this subject whom may be thinking of buying PA Manager and go on to make the assumption that we are somehow unaware of what PA Manager does.

Just my two cents you understand Wink
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my 2 cents worth. I initially bought this software for my pa3 x to help sort thru my style data base and put them into sets. To me it was invaluable , the time it saved me.
I upgraded to vers 2 so that I could more easily sort the Pa4x styles into my old pa3x database. Did I need to upgrade, not really, the pa4x’s copy function would have been more than adequate for what I was doing. The software just made it that bit easier. I probably didn’t use a tenth of what the software was capable of doing. At the time ,I thought it was worth the investment.

Will I upgrade to vers3. Probably not, only because I have no need for those additional functions, and my database is sorted.

Really up to the individual as to whether they think the money they spend on the software is worth it to them.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very valid point, As we know you can get by without it and manually manage the Pa4x contents. The Pa4x stores a huge amount of information and if like me you do a lot of editing of sounds and styles it can become overwhelming and housekeeping becomes very tedious. Enter Korg PA Manager which not only provides a means to shunt all of this data and more around but it also gives you a extremely good overview of whats where and if you have duplicates stored up.

I think that its worth the revised amount that has been mentioned but we need at least 10 of us to acquire that deal. I will be speaking to Alex at PA manager about my concerns of his application working correctly under OSX 10.13.1.

Although I run both Windows and OSX I prefer to be running all my music software on my Mac
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
How brilliant is that. Alex just got in touch with me . It appears I actually have
version 3, not version 2. It was so many months ago , when my pc crashed, I though it was from vers. 1 to 2 , that I upgraded.
Hopefully I can workout how to get it up and running again.
Talk about making a goose of oneself. Haha

Let you know how I go.

The way I figure it, my time is fairly valuable to myself, it took me 3 weeks if not longer, to sort thru the hundreds of styles I had for my pa800, I did spreadsheets to take note of all the styles etcetc

Bought my pa3x, heap more styles to sort thru, duplicates etc etc , software cut time spent by at least two thirds. Figure 80 or so hrs saved is more valuable to me than the $100 aud or so , I spent on software.

Just a thought.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Figure 80 or so hrs saved is more valuable to me than the $100 aud or so , I spent on software.

Just a thought.

Perfect explanation.
If somebody wants to save valuable time for playing or else, instead trying to organize, create new sets or Sounds on board is buying software which cut your spending time a lot.
......or keep complain about price.
Time is money, is only matter how much your time is worth .... Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Well, I’m up and running on my vers 3. Alex explained what I’d been doing wrong. Feel like such an idiot.

Anyway it’s great having my styles back on a computer screen for sorting.

When I first got my Pa4x, pa manager didn’t read the Pa4x styles, so it was lucky I had had my USB sticks backed up .
I was using user and direct mode for sorting out my database. Ie I’d copy a bank into user, delete the duplicates, then copy them to direct ( USB). On more than one occasion I accidentally overwrote or deleted a style or even multiple styles, hadn’t noticed I had them all hilighted, then select delete, whole lot gone . Had to load the bank back in and start again. Got frustrating at times.
Anyway, really pleased when the upgrade for Pa4x became available ( even though I couldn’t remember which version it was ). instead of having to use spreadsheets and type all the styles in, etc etc, simple as pressing a button and the styles are listed. List can be saved or printed.

The manager also tell you the source of the style ie pa800, pa3x , pa1 x, whatever. Actually found that part very handy too.
The older the style, the less likely it will sound as good as a newer style. Plus styles prior to pa3x only had the 2 fills. So handy to know if it would need editing.

Anyway, as it turns out, it was version 3 I was using, and yes, I was happy I upgraded.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing, I’m actually quite jealous you guys sorted out a group buy, haha, wish I’d thought of it.
I assumed the 3 licenses available were for personal use only ie the person had more than one computer. Didn’t realise I could have gotten a couple of friends and maybe gotten the discount.
Pretty good being able to get a discount considering there’s no other software like it, it’s not like a Daw where there’s multiple choices and competition.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
waynewiz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on MACos. count me in for a Mac version.
korgpask

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already bought the program. updates are often and new things and possibilities are gaining. The program is great. I created the Czech and Slovak language into the program.
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please update me as to where we are with ordering the programme.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. had to do a fair bit of travelling to see family the last three or four days, but now back home.
Regarding the software, I hope that we can have another go in the next two weeks, get a definite group of Forum members that will commit to a purchase. If we can get the desired ten Forum members we can move forward and purchase the software.
I am definitely still interested.
Speak soon,
Chris
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I intend to PM every single Forum Member showing interest in purchasing this software to see if we can get 10 committed buyers for the software. We currently stand at £80 UK per license which is a substantial saving over the full purchase price of £125 although it is only a £5 UK saving over a three license purchase.
Your comments would be appreciated on this thread.
Chris
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I know I said I was out, but let me revist the software page to make sure.
Stroebs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would also be interested in buying PA Manager.

Thanks,
Nico
Casio PX780M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: