Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

System Startup Failed - New Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xenophile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
Satori wrote:
leonh wrote:
Unless you have regular problems with your electricity supply (Kronos is apparently sensitive to it) then if that is not the case you bought it new ask for another one.
By the way I bought mine last week too and I got UPS as well just in case.

Hmm.. When I switch the lights on or off in the hall, my TV in the living room turns black and recovers in a second. Does that count for an electricity supply problem?

If that really happens you definitely have an electricity problem. Get a UPS soon.

More importantly, have an electrician repair your wiring! Seriously, you may have a fire hazard.
jbeliz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't think it is electrical related simply take it somewhere you know there is no electrical issues, like another home try it there and if it still happens, you will continue with that issue even with a ups i never used one of these on any of my boards and never had this issue. Let us know what you figure out tho.
Satori

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged the Kronos in a surge protected socket on its own, without any other devices. Since then, it works fine! My humble guess is that there was probably a problem with the initial socket because too many devices were plugged there (PC, router, monitor, telephone, speakers and a space heater every now and then).

I will buy a ups anyway of course, but I still don't know if I should save some money and get an online one. Thanks again everyone.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to update my situation. It turns out the issue was a bad network cable. During startup, it seems about maybe 20% into startup my new K2 would often hang. I was also having issues with file transfers via the network from the PC to K2. I replaced the cable and both issue went away. During startup, the Kronos must be initializing USB and it there's an issue, startup can fail. The USB network adapter, if attached, is part of that I would assume.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: