Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Pa4x user passionate (a little) worried keys too hard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebuzer52
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Hi friend Reply with quote

You must set in global key sensivity both of them to SOFT 1

Than look how fantastik keys has Pa4x. i used many many keyboard. Tyros 5 , roland ea7 and etc. 4x's keys are really better.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espaceV wrote:
Edit

Honestly, it's almost easier to play on a good acoustic piano than on this kind of keyboard.

My games use a lot of polyphony (3, 4, 5 sounds many time "legato"...in one hand (Right)). and there I am not at all comfortable on such a keyboard .. On a piano once the key pressed, we do not feel the strength of the springs as on the Pa4x ...

As I said I do not have the cultural reflexes of the pianist, I always had electronic organ in the past, and the Yam go in this direction in terms of touch on their keyboards.

I will continue to use the T5 during these holidays. And I'll take next year a genos I think. I already tried it (yesterday) not so bad. But easier for my hands;)

these keyboards are really expensive, you gave it a chance and discovered that the key action of the pa4x is not something you like, so it's a great idea to change it for a genos (or using the tyros) if you like that keyboard action more.

Personally i have a completely different opinion, the pa4x is one of the best semi weight keyboards i have ever played. The tyros and genos keys doesn't feel really good for my preference, but everyone is different, so always take the keyboard that appeal to you most.

What i really like in the pa4x is that you can add dynamics to your play, especially when you play the piano, on the tyros and genos this is much harder to do since the keys are so light.

By the way, i answered your question in the deep space thread about how to add effects to the drawbar organs (or certain parts of the key zones), im not sure if you read it, but if you didn't there you can find the step guide of how to do it on the pa4x
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree ...Quote: "personally I have a completely different opinion, the pa4x is one of the best semi-weighted keyboards I have ever played".......i have a Montage 76 and this has the same keybed that is in the Genos....here is part of what "sound on sound" magazine reported about the Yamaha Montage (Genos) keybed ... Quote: "I have a particular liking for instruments with 76-note semi-weighted keyboards, so imagine my surprise when something felt a tad wrong when I started to play it. It wasn’t the throw of the keys, nor the slightly spongy response that I suspect will loosen up with time: it was the perennial issue of Yamaha’s slightly narrow keybeds. A full-size 76-note keybed ranging from E to G is 1060mm wide, whereas the Montage’s extends to just 1033mm, which (in old money) is about an inch too narrow. It doesn’t sound like much, by my fingers noticed it even though my eyes didn’t. I have no idea why Yamaha do this, and I wish that they would stop because, if I want to stack multiple manufacturers’ keyboards in a live rig, I want them to line up. For me, a discrepancy of about 1.5 keys from bottom to top is serious, and trained pianists are at risk of playing ninths when reaching for octaves. It may seem a small difference, and it may even be irrelevant to you, but it’s one that you should consider before handing over your cash".....so for me going from the korg PA4X keybed to the Yamaha keybed I soon want to go back to the korg keys with there sizing and feel...so the Montage most of the time will be played using midi through the PA4X and this is even when the PA4X is not included in the mix....

Last edited by D575 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Minneapolis Musician

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the PA900 when I got the PA4X.

I, too, felt that the keys were too hard. I am 66 years old.

But after a week or so I was already used to them, and I do not find them at all hard to press. They feel entirely normal, and I can do faster notes more precisely with the PA4X's more firm push-back.

PA4x harmonies, Beach Boys song: https://youtu.be/3drsnU6j8Po?t=3m25s

All songs: http://www.reverbnation.com/GlennGalen
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read somewhere that the PA4X keybed is a FATAR design?? Perhaps someone could confirm this?....just to add where keybed design's are concerned.. one of the most perplexing keybeds of poor action and feel considering it is a high end keyboard and is in every other way a great keyboard must be the "Roland jupiter 80" i am amazed at how bad that is and coming from Roland which generally are known for good quality and design......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: